Chapter 12 | Malicious Disbelief

The pale young woman tugged on dark brown reindeer pelt trousers

Tightened buttons tightened the garment around her curvy figure. She tucked in a white blouse she had been given and lifted a large cowl. The fluffy rabbit fur was knitted together beautifully, wrapping around her neck and cascading off her shoulders.

She had wrapped her incredibly long hair in a knot bun, which was heavy on the back of her head but rested on the cowl.

Lily smiled, folding her gifted clothing into neat piles. She had also made her own bed this morning.

The room door swung open.

She yelped in surprise, flinching and whipping around to look at the intruder.

Vor stood in the doorway. She wore a wool black turtleneck and a thick vest hugging her superframe. Her black trousers were tight and dense to keep her warm.

Her calloused hand leaned back, slowly closing the door behind her.

Lily frowned, fidgeting with her thumbs. "Uhm- Hello." She greeted. 

Was this how she dies?

"Don't 'Hello' me." She spat, copying her tone to make her appear high-pitched and annoying. "How the fuck do you understand Liúkan?" The woman demanded through hisses, stomping toward Lily maliciously.
She shrank into herself, playing with the hem of her cowl. "Who the fuck are you?" Vor got up in her grill. "I don't know." Lily puffed, "I'm serious! I don't know why I understand-"

The woman's hand flew to her neck. Her large fingers held it tight, nails digging into her skin.

Lily gasped, hands flying up to grab her wrists- but it did little to save her from being thrown to the floor. She fell with a thump, choking in pain and lack of oxygen.

"Liar!" Vor roared, shaking a fist at her, "What's your motive, you dumb bitch? Don't play innocent!"

She wished she could tell her everything, but she really knew nothing. "I don't-" She gasped for air, "-know anything!" Lily choked out.

Tears bowled at her eyes until they cascaded down her cheeks from asphyxiation.

"I heard everything from the Lǽknari," Vor said, walking up to her and pressing her boot into her stomach. "If you truly forgot everything, you wouldn't be functioning. You'd be crying like a newborn cub." 

Her eyes narrowed.

"Though, it seems that last part is already happening."

Lily gaped for air, trembling as she continued to cry. Her lungs screamed and squeezed for oxygen- desperately grabbing onto any pieces of oxygen she could get in. She started to paw and claw at Vor's wrists.

What the hell is her problem? There was nothing she could do to prove Vor wrong.

"Please- I- It's the truth," Lily hoarsely told her. The boot on her stomach dug into her, Vor stepping further into her. 

"Bullshit."

What did she want her to tell her? It all felt so useless.

Vor quietly hissed through her teeth as Lily dug her fingernails into her skin- scratching at her like a wild beast.

Black blobs appeared in the edges of her vision- the edges of objects and Vor's figure becoming foggy and blurred out. Her head felt like a deflating balloon.

The high stakes were interrupted by the jiggling of the doorknob.

"OCCUPIED!" Vor roared, intending to make the interruption go away as soon as possible. Lily felt the urge to yell out for help, but the lack of air bubbling in her lungs made it impossible to speak.

That didn't stop the door from jiggling until it was thrown open.

The familiar sound of a 7'2, 350-pound man's boots made her heart skip a beat.