CHAPTER: 19 | BLAST FROM THE PAST (PART-1)

If you are reading this chapter, please make sure if you have read the previous one first. Cause, I have updated two chapters(Chap-18&19) this time.

Unedited*

Enjoy:)

*****************************************

The rest of the evening was a blur for Laiba. She was in no mood to make any sort of conversation with anyone and rather preferred being invisible for the rest of the night. She sat in the living room, beside Sarah and watched her engage with everybody else, unlike her. Habeeba tried talking her but fortunately got the hint and left her alone. Laiba, for a minute, felt that she was coming out a bit rude by not socialising with any of them properly but she couldn't help it. It was like, the day had already ended for her and she wasn't a much talker to began with.

Later, that night, they were gathered in the dinning hall for the dinner, filling their plates with everything from the buffet when Sarah tripped on her heels and fell right on her butt. Laiba was sure she hadn't seen Sarah that embarrassed in her entire life. She had gone pink from head to toe as ladies gathered around them, commenting and advising but doing nothing standing there. Laiba, along with the help of Habeeba and Maha, somehow helped her stand up and brought her straight up to a guest room, adjacent to the dinning hall.

"Oh Gawd! This is so embarrassing." Sarah covered her faced with both of her hands as they made her sit on the bed. "I wish I never wore those heels." She whined, grabbing her left leg with both of her hands as Habeeba carefully rested it on the mattress.

"I already told you, they weren't a good idea." Laiba chided her, throwing the heels at the corner. "You should have listened to me."

"Girls! Now is not the time. Just look at her ankle, it's swelling. We need to inform our elders." Habeeba gestured towards her ankle, sounding genuinely worried.

"No! No! Don't!" Sarah denied, shaking her hands vigorously. "No need to get them all worried. Just call Abi, will you? Laiba?" She grabbed Laiba's hand, pouting at her for help.

"Yeah! Sure..wait." She obliged, patting her head before walking towards the window to call Haider Ahmed.

The door flew open and Maha entered the room with Areesha, a glass of water in her hand. "Here, drink this." Maha handed the glass to her as they stood near her, "And I told everybody.." She clapped once and clasped her hands.

Sarah spitted out the water from her mouth, "What!" She snapped, eyes wide but before she could utter even a word, the door flew open again, revealing a worried sick Umme-Zeeshan and Zara Othman.

"Sarah!" Unme-Zeeshan came rushing towards her, "I'm so sorry, Habibti! I didn't know, I was busy the other side. Ya-Allah!" She exclaimed, her hands flying to her chest the moment she saw her ankle. "How did this happen? And when?" She was asking, her eyes wide and forehead creased.

"It's nothing." Sarah argued, covering her face and shaking her head. "It's just a sprain, maybe."

"Are you okay, Sarah? Does it hurts?" Here, Zara Othman was interrogating her. "It looks like a fracture." She was inspecting her ankle closely, her body bent over the bed.

Laiba hung up the call and made her way back to Sarah, "Told Abi. He's coming." She whispered it to Sarah, standing by the side table near the bed.