CHAPTER: 35 | AWKWARD CONFRONTATIONS (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALYKM!!!!

UNEDITED CHAPTER*

******************************************************

Mr. Shah killed the engine and got out of the car, motioning the nurse to step out as well. He clicked the remote and locked the car behind him as he strode towards the Othman House, pocketing his keys and fishing out his cellphone while the nurse followed quietly behind him. He halted just outside the building and typed a text,

Shah: I'm here with the nurse, Boss.

His cellphone chimed after a while, indicating a message for him.

Aariz: Don't knock the door or ring the bell, the ladies are sleeping. The door is open. You will find Areesha in the living room.

Shah sent him a thumbs-up emoji, ascending the steps already. He carefully creaked open the door and held it out for the nurse to enter first before he got himself in.

The giant wall-clock hung on the wall of the foyer, ding donged, announcing it was 3 in the morning just as they passed the threshold and entered the main hall. They found the house entirely quiet and dark, except for the living room.

And just as they reached there, the translucent sliding doors, slid open, unveiling Areesha's tired form on the other side.

"Get it.." She gestured with a tilt of her head, moving aside and giving them way to enter.

Shah and the nurse, shoulder barged into the living room one after the other just before she slid the door close behind them.

Laiba was seated on the corner sofa, her face straight, pale and emotionless as she stared out at a distance. She was still in her t-shirt and pyjamas from the night, blood smeared here and there, dried and stained. Her shawl which Aariz had cared to pick up and hand it to Areesha, was draped over her head and around her shoulders, covering her hair and her bare arms.

Areesha gestured her thumb towards her with a sigh, "Her right hand!" She informed.

The nurse gave her a nod before silently walking towards Laiba. She crouched down on the floor, placing her first aid kit which she had bought with herself. She took Laiba's injured hand and examined the gash with a frown. After, she opened the kit and took cotton swabs out, dipping them into antiseptic lotion and bringing them to her palm.

Laiba winced as she gently pressed it down on her wound, her face contorting and her forehead creasing at the stinging feeling. She hadn't cared about the gash until then, not even realising she had got herself one in first place.

Areesha tore her eyes off of her sister-in-law and glanced at the wall clock hang on the wall.

After the incident in the courtyard, Faheem Othman and Yusuf Othman had taken matters in their own hands. They had somehow managed to get Aariz away from Heesham Qadar, pulling him with them inside the house while they instructed Burhaan and Zeeshan to take the latter to the hospital.

It had been at least half an hour since her father and Uncle, had taken Aariz to the guest room, the door locked from inside. Considering the look, Areesha had witnessed on their faces, she couldn't help but wonder as to what would be happening inside.