16; Blind Fury

Her

Adam enters the kitchen. His eyes land on Evalena straight and he walks to her, dismissing the maids around her. They leave silently while Evalena watches him come to her.

She stirs the sauce, raising her brow at him. He gives her a smile and comes to stand beside her. He steals a glance at the pan and then answers her unasked question, "I just came to see what you're cooking."

"Oh," she mumbles, "Well, you see now."

He hums, coming to stand behind her. She looks over her shoulder as Adam encircles her smaller form in his arms and gently holds her waist. He perches his chin upon the bare skin of her shoulder and she feels his warm breath fanning her skin. It makes her shiver.

He notices the subtle reaction of her body but says nothing.

She continues stirring, adding vegetables. He does nothing more but the proximity affects her in ways she can't put into words. His warm and slow breaths linger over her skin and it makes her heart run faster than usual.

Adam doesn't even have to do anything.

"Anything you want, Mr Dawood?" She asks, mixing the stuff.

Adam frowns. "Are you still angry with me?" He asks, the voice hitting her ear straight.

She glances at him secretly. "What? No. Why do you think so?" She chuckles softly, covering the pan with its lid.

She turns around, thinking he will move away but he doesn't. He remains there, letting go of her waist but holds the marble slab on either side of her body, caging it. She takes a secret note of their sweet proximity but says nothing.

"Because you're not calling me by my name," he complains, surprising her.

"You like it?" She blinks, amazed to discover the latest thing. He nods slowly and her lips part to say something. Anything. But amusement stops her and she can't help but chuckle.

"And why is that?" He points to her laugh, tilting his head.

"Because I didn't know it'd drive you mad," she answers, looking back at him. The seriousness on his face halts her and she bites her bottom lip, mumbling, "I'm not angry with you."

Never in her life had she ever imagined something like this to happen in her life that Adam would ever be standing before her without a smile. He was always with his charming and world-dazzling smile on his kissable lips and his aura would call her to give in before him but now the man before her was quite different from her lovely childhood friend that he used to be.

He seemed a bit demanding.

He sighs and puts a hand behind the small of her back, pulling her closer to him. This unexpectedness of his actions makes her stumble ahead. Her palms fall on his chest while he wraps his arms around her waist.

"Then call out my name," he asks in a low whisper, his breath landing over her lips.

This all drives her heart insane. She is hot and pink in an instant. All thanks to him.

He gazes down at her tempting features as how once again that killer rosy hue spreads over her cheeks. Her freckles are pretty in his eyes and her eyes are lively. He can't help but murmur again, "I like it so much."

"When I call your name?" She almost whispers, gazing into his fiery eyes. The pupils have swallowed a bit of space around themselves. He looks enchanting and would have any woman on her knees in front of him.

He lets their forehead touch and closes his eyes like bliss has bestowed upon him the very moment she spoke, being so close to him.

He hums, kissing her eyelid that her eyes flutter close. "Say it. Say my name, Eva," he mumbles a command on her skin and proceeds to kiss her cheek, then her chin, and then the side of her neck. She shivers in his arms, clutching his shirt and whispering, "Adam."