Unpredictable Oceans

Unpredictable.

You're unpredictable with the words that slide off your tongue. Unpredictable in every move you make. Your emotions, and possibly even your thoughts, are unpredictable. Just like an ocean.

Oceans are unpredictable. 

They carry the milestones of ancient civilizations, heartbeats, and a voice defying all that once lived. They carry art and beauty in every grain of sand on the ocean floor. Within each grain lies beauty, just like you, with every majestic characteristic summing you up. And if one grain were missing, the ocean would be incomplete. You would be missing something too.

An ocean is a never-ending treasure box. 

And so are you. An ocean is a home for billions. And so are you. Every cell within your body cries 'home' for you. You are your own home, just as you are mine, and to the billions of particles forming me, and to all the creatures that float in the blue. You're a world unto yourself.

But just as oceans have a breaking point, so do you.

You see, an ocean devours all that gives up. And you, you give up on yourself. You slowly fade into oblivion, objectified by whispers. When a piece of you begins to give up, more pieces panic, grabbing onto all they can to lift you up. But eventually, they fall under the weight of despair, birthing more of that 'helpless, hopeless, small piece.' The dusty wind laughs as it covers you, and by the time all the pieces fall, there will be nothing left of you.

You don't drown because you can't swim. 

You drown because you cease to try.

You are caged by thoughts that tell you 'You are not going to make it.' But you should let go of that fear. Your emotions are dependent on you, and the way you use them. Have faith in yourself because you are so much more than that.

You're an ocean. 

An ocean with more than just chloride, magnesium, sulfate, and calcium. And that's why I love you. That's why I'll never give up on you.

I understand that everyone has moments when there seems to be no hope, and that's okay. It's okay not to be okay as long as you know that everything will eventually turn around. Someone out there loves you and is willing to give their all for you. And if it's hard to find that someone, know that I am here for you, for as long as our little infinity lasts.

I wholeheartedly love you, 

all in mere hopes,

that an unpredictable ocean will love me too.

May 2015