14

I get up from the dining table and politely excuse myself. I lean down and give Mia a quick kiss on her right cheek and tell her goodnight.

"Sleep tight, my little queen." Mia says.

Anastasia shoots me a Cheshire cat grin.

I hurriedly climb up the stairs to my bed chamber and lock my door.

I throw off the heavy tiara and slip off my sash.

I run to the bathroom and grab the bottle of temporary hair dye. I quickly apply it on and a little while later, I am admiring the snowy white colour.
Too bad it's temporary, it really brings out my eyes.

I rummage through some cupboards for the spray tan. As soon as I find the can, I carefully follow the instructions.

My white hair makes a beautiful contrast to my now tan skin.

I can't even recognize myself anymore, I look like a goddess of sorts!
I glance at my phone for the time and see that I have at least fifteen minutes before Darcy arrives.

A purple hoodie is draped on my small sofa and I waste no time pulling it over my black spandex vest. I kick off my brown bear slippers but leave on the pink donut novelty socks and slip on a pair of comfortable black sneakers. I take my phone and shove it into my pocket.

I don't know if this looks nice for a party but I honestly don't care, I just want to have a good time.

I grab my phone and text Darcy to hurry up. I'm getting restless.

As if on cue, she pops up on my bed. A small girl clings onto her side.

"Who are you?" The little brown haired girl who I recognize as Darcy's eleven year old sister, Rosalia asks.

"You, out." Darcy teleports her sister away before I could even respond.

Darcy hops off my bed and I give her a once-over. Her dress is a simple light green body hugging dress that ends at her knees, showing off her curvaceousness and beautifully thick toned legs

Her shoes are glittery green strapped heels.

The most noticeable feature is her curled light brown hair with pink streaks in it. Guess I'm not the only one with a dye job.

"Your skin looks amazing!" She whispers.

"Thanks, it's really simple actually." I say sheepishly.

"No time to waste, we need to get going." She rushes to grab my hand.

The spinning starts immediately after I take her hand and I start feeling queasy. It takes every fibre of my being to not empty out my stomach's contents.

My eyes close involuntary because of the sharp gust of wind that swirls around us when the spinning stops.

"Come on, Chloe. Gamma girl and Beta boy are waiting for us." Darcy says as she grabs my hand and shoves me rather roughly into a black Lexus.

"Wow Chloe! Love the new look." Anastasia says from the passenger seat.
She is dressed in a white cashmere sweater and black leather pants. Her sleek black hair is in multiple braids and one braid has silver coloured ribbon spiralling around it. Her braids are tied up into a low ponytail.

Kaden, who is focused on the road, is in a maroon V-neck t-shirt and black ripped jeans. His deep brown hair is tousled.
All in all, he looks dangerously hot.

Darcy, on my right, utters a spell under her breath.

"What's that for?" I ask.

"To hide our scents, duh." She says matter-of-factly.