Chapter 32

I made my way to where they secretly were practicing, I worried because it wasn't a very secret area to be in. I sat down at a distance to see them do simple passes. I didn't want to interrupt them. I started to immerse myself in my head, almost feeling sad for a moment thinking of Rui out of no where, but I smiled when Katara took the pass Aang sent to her. Then the water suddenly went up.

"That was amazing! Aang said.

"That wasn't me," Katara said. It was true, it really wasn't her.

Looking up Pakku was on the bridge holding the water making it into ice and breaking it, the icicles stuck onto the bridge.

"I was just showing Katara a few moves," Aang told him nervously.

"You have disrespected me, my teachings, and my entire culture," Pakku said.

"I'm sorry I-" Aang tried to defend himself.

"You are no longer welcome as my student," Pakku said walking away.

"Aang, I'm so sorry," Katara apologized.

I walked to them and Katara looked at me with a guilty face.

"What are we going to do?" Katara asked

I looked up to the palace, "We wait until tomorrow, and convince Chief Arnook to let master Pakku teach Aang again,"

The next morning the four of us went for a presence with Chief Arnook gathered with councilmen, master Pakku and princess Yue. Katara and Aang explained everything.

"What do you want me to do?" Chief Arnook asked.,"Force Master Pakku, to take Aang, back as his student?"

"Yes please," Katara said.

There are nicer ways to put it.

"I suspect he may change his mind if you swallow your pride and apologize to him," Arnook said.

I looked at the council then to Katara.

"Fine," She said I was taken aback. Is she really going to apologize that easily? No way. I refuse.

"I'm waiting little girl," Pakku said.

"No!" Katara yelled as the floor began cracking where we stood,"No way am I apologizing to a sour old man like you!" Two pots that were in front of the stairs to the platform bursted open. 

"Uh Katara," Aang said trying to calm her down.

"I'll be outside if you're man enough to fight me," Katara said.

Everyone gasped as I looked coldly at the council then at Pakku. Katara was a lot rasher in her way of acting but that didn't mean I wasn't going to join her. 

"I'm sure she didn't mean that," Aang said in a sort of apology.

"Yeah, I think she did," Sokka added

"And I agree. The world is in its most dire situation right now," I looked straight at Pakku,"And you're going to stick to your traditions? The Avatar desperately needs to learn water bending to help end this war. And the two girls who are willing to set down their lives to fight by his side, you aren't willing to teach,, because of rules?. If you don't believe our potential come see it for yourself," I bitterly said leaving to meet up with my sister, fixing the cracks in the floor on my way out. She was angry and I was annoyed, a horrible combination if you asked me.

"Are you two crazy?! You guys aren't gonna win this fight," Sokka said trying to get us out of the situation we placed ourselves in. 

"I know," Katara said throwing her coat at Sokka.