CHAPTER 5 (BOOK 1)

FEW DAYS PASSED

Y/N'S POV

It's been a few days since I moved into Taehyung's mansion. The days with him have been quite shitty. I work at my father-in-law's company, which Taehyung initially opposed but eventually approved.

He was angry that I was working at his company, especially as his secretary. He takes advantage of this situation to humiliate me or make me work overtime. He lashes out at me for no reason. I remain calm and let him vent because I know this will only last for six months, after which I will be completely free from him. Sometimes, he crosses the line and says hurtful things that become unbearable.

We have separate bedrooms, which makes it easier for me to let out my pent-up emotions. Who knows if he would make fun of my vulnerability?

I choose to remain silent when he lashes out unnecessarily. Sometimes, silence is the best response. But being silent doesn't mean you are weak; it's a sign that your comebacks will make people shudder.

Today was my day off. After completing my morning routine, I went downstairs to have a good breakfast.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kim," the maid greeted me.

"Good morning, Claire. I've told you before, you can call me Y/N. Please don't call me Mrs. Kim," I said as I pulled out a chair and sat down alone at the dining table.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked her.

"Pancakes and refreshing homemade orange juice," she replied as she served me.

“Thanks Claire” I said. She bowed and left.

I had my breakfast and was about to go upstairs until I saw half naked Taehyung and Kathy coming out of the room. His hand was on her waist and she was kissing his jawline. The maid stood there shocked and I dismissed her. I climbed the stairs and ignored them.

“A beautiful morning.........ruined by you” Taehyung said and Kathy chuckled.

“Same Kim same. Seeing whores in a beautiful morning spoils my mood too” I said. His jaw hardened, and she rolled her eyes,

“Don't grit your teeth that hard, Kim. A 27-year-old toothless young man won't look nice.” I said.

He scowled, but smirked a little.

“Kathy… never  make big mistakes in your life. What if they stick like leeches to you… like her. I regret wasting my time on her back then,” he said. I was near my bedroom door. My hold on the doorknob tightened.

“Oh, honey, don't regret it. It's okay; your mistakes make you realize how poorly you chose in your life. So now you are with me and will be forever. She is just a guest for six months,” she said to him while emphasizing the word “poorly” Heartless indeed. The more they provoke me to react, the calmer I will remain.

“Yeah, you are right. Let's go downstairs to have breakfast,” he said, and they both walked past me.

I opened my room's door and shut it behind me.

His attitude will make worse  it for me to live the upcoming six months. I know we both hate each other, but I don't go overboard and let my hatred out like he does.

If he can't be a good husband, the least he can do is act. If he can't act, then he should shut up. His lashing out isn't helping. It keeps hurting me. I don't want to stay with him for a day if he keeps acting like this.

Until when will I suppress myself? I have to give him back what he gives. But for that, I need to keep my emotions in control. All my buried feelings are coming out.