CHAPTER 25 (BOOK 2)

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Yesterday felt like one of the most vulnerable yet best days ever. She fell asleep on me. My back rested against the armrest of the sofa, and her upper body was fully on mine—in my arms, in my embrace. Her hold on my arm was like a baby who doesn't want to leave her favorite person and wants to be with him forever.

I don't know for how many days she has been enduring his harassment. If I hadn't come to confront her and overheard her conversation by chance, she would have been dealing with the same for God knows how long. 

Her head on my thumping heart, her grasp on my arm, my hand on her hair and back, gently caressing and tapping her to calm down. Neither did she budge nor did she refrain. She stayed in my hold as if she wanted to stay with me forever.

That moment of ours, I will cherish forever. I kept holding her until I felt like giving up, but it was never meant to happen. I will hold her forever, so close to my skin that I could feel her every pain and warmth.

I was so lost in taking care of her and caressing her that she ended up sleeping on me. Her soft snores were what I missed when I used to sleep alone after our breakup. A few strands were disturbing her sleep, so I tucked them behind her ear and loosely tied her hair in a low ponytail. I gave her a light kiss on the forehead, careful not to ruin her sleep.

Yesterday was the best day for me in terms of having her with me. I was so desperate to have normal contact with her, and after a long time, I got the loveliest moments of all with her.

You mean a lot to me, baby.

Yesterday has been on my mind, and I can't help but blush when I remember it all. I can't wait to meet her again. I don't know whether we will have that Cold War thing again or a good meeting.  I really don't know what kind of contact we are going to have.

I was on the set and saw all the models getting prepared for the rehearsals.

"Mr. Kim, can I have a word with you?" the director said.

"Yeah, sure, sir. What is it?" I said.

“Actually, an emergency came up. It's regarding one of our female models,” he said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Actually, hello, Miss Y/N. Good morning. Would you please come here?” the director said. He saw her entering the room, and our eyes met. She noticed me and gave me a faint smile. I smiled back, and she walked towards us.

Phew, this isn't awkward.

“Good morning, sir,” she greeted him.

“Good morning, Mr. Kim,” she said softly, not in a cold tone but a sweet and gentle one.

This is progressing. This is progressing.

Our relationship is progressing.

“Good morning, M-Miss Y/N,” I stumbled on my words.

Fortunately, they both didn't catch it. I mentally sighed in relief.

“So, Mr. Kim, back to the topic,” the director said.

“The emergency regarding the female model is her,” he said.

“Oh, okay. What is it? Is she having trouble with something?” I asked her.

“She came to me yesterday regarding a problem related to the couple shoot,” he said. Her expression was neutral, and her eyes were glued to the floor.

“Would you mind pairing up with her?” he asked, but her eyes didn't move.

“The current model is on bed rest.  He met with a terrible accident yesterday. His contract was also canceled by the company, and he was thrown out of the project for his inappropriate behavior towards women.” The moment those words left his mouth, a shocked expression came over Y/N's face.