059

Song of the Chapter: Moon and Back - Alicia Kristiansen

CALMING feeling washes over Harry as Vee's fingers entwine with his and his thumb rubs the back of her hand. Relief has finally taken over a part of his, but not fully. Not until he finds out what kind of conversation she had that caused of what she did.

"Told a shootin' star 'bout ya." He starts, not interrogating her yet.

She furrows her eyebrows. "I thought I'm your one and only star?"

The corner of his lips twitches up, adoring how oblivious she is that he confessed his worry to the other Vee, the one that was not awake then and he referred that as a shooting star for that unconscious Vee just pass by and will never come back again yet it made him wish a million things in his mind. "Was a good listener, I must say."

"What did you tell that shooting star, then?"

"How much I can love ya more and that m'missin' ya lookin' at me."

"Did you wish for something?"

He nods. "I wished t'stare at your eyes once again."

She responds with a weak smile.

"D'you remember anythin'?"

She shakes her head. He sighs. He knows she remembers but she refuse to tell him about it.

"Ya know ya can tell me anythin', 'ight?" He asks, reassuring her.

She put her other hand on top of his that is holding her and pats it repeatedly.

"M'sorry." She apologizes as her voice cracks and tears form in her eyes.

He sits up straight and immediately brings his hand to cup her face. "Fo' what?"

"You deserve someone that isn't a bitch, a slut, a famewhore, a loser, disgusting, no good, undeserving, weak, ugly, stupid, immature, unlovable failure that's me." She rants.

"Babe, what're sayin'?"

"You deserve someone who is so much better. Someone that can is at the same level as you. Someone who is as perfect as you."

"Vee..."

"The words. That the people keep telling about me..." He closes his eyes at the realization. Her phone in her hand, it all made sense. She was reading nasty and hatred comments about her. "All of it are true."

"No. Ya listen t'me, Vesper." He starts firmly. "Don't listen to 'em. Listen t'me. M'the one who knows ya, not 'em. You're nothin' like the words they're callin' ya. Ya don't believe those lies, got it? Fo' you're the most beautiful, precious, gorgeous, prettiest, smartest, strong, grounded perfectly imperfect in me eyes."

She cries fully at the words he said and at the voice that she thought wouldn't be hearing again. He hands her a box of tissue and she accepts it then wipes her face.

"Was that the reason? Why ya did it?"

"Not only that. They think our relationship is just a stunt of publicity." She scoffs and sniffs.

He furrows his eyebrows, not believing how cruel can people be. Especially to his girl.

"Don't mind 'em, love." He weakly responds. "Ya should mind your health."

He swallows a lump in his throat and bites his bottom lip, intending to control his curiosity. She notices and chuckles at his reaction.

"You could ask, you know."

"I know." He wipes the tears on her cheeks. "What I don't know is if you'll tell me the truth."

"I never lie. Not to you."

"But it doesn't mean ya won't try and hide it from me now, does it?"

She tightly smiles at the fact. She knows that he knows her. She'll prioritize the sake of others instead of herself.

"Promise me, tell me everythin' and no hidin'." He stares directly into her eyes as he authoritively states those words. 

She only nods, not knowing how to react violently.

"What did Kendall told ya?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "How did you know---"

"M'the only one askin' the questions 'ere, please."

She pauses, wetting her lips that is starting to dry from hearing that question.

"Take your time. Ya know I won't rush ya."

She hesitates to answer but she promised him to tell everything and not to hide a single thing. He rubs her hand with his thumb in a soothing manner. She sighs finally.

"She was asking how much are your team paying me to stay in a relationship."

He furrows his eyebrows as he holds her hand tighter. She leans a bit to him but she winces, snapping him from his thoughts. He pushes her slowly back to lay properly again.

"Please don't do what I think you're about to do." She begs. "It's not their fault, Harry. I swear. Please leave her out of this."

"Vesper, I can't---"

"Please. For me."

"Ya know I won't let this pass."

"But her hands are clean, Harry. I was the weak one who didn't fought through the pain enough. Please, don't let yourself do things you'll regret."

Of course she would say that. He sighs in defeat. "There s'just one thing."

"What?"

"M'breakin' any kind of contact between me and her and I won't let her come near ya again."

She smiles and nods in agreement.

"Next." He starts to shift the topic. "Your let'er of resignation."

And just like that, her face went back to being pale.

"How come Zel know but I don't? Thought ya trust me?" He asks, feeling hurt.

"Don't think that way, Haz. Of course I trust you is just that..."

She pauses as she tries to come up some euphimism to explain it further to him.

"I don't trust myself."

"Star, we're just spinnin' in circles."
He pinches the bridge of his nose with his free hand, feeling the headache causing by this conversation. He tries to change the subject but she managrs to bring them back to her low self esteem.

She slowly sits up straight and brings her other hand to his nape.

"I mean we weren't in a relationship then. So I thought I'm just your lyricist and nothing else. I was starting to fall for you so I assume if I can't put a stop towards my feelings, might as well stop my connection to you."

He lets out a deep breath.

"But then you tried and you make it up for me so I figured I had to prolong my plan until... You confessed to me."

He cups her face and pulls it gently towards his. They let their foreheads touch each other and both closed their eyes.

"I know this s'all too much for ya. Sorry for pushin' the interrogation much too early of your recovery."

She giggles at his much too formal words and opens her eyes. "It's okay, sky. I know you want and need answers."

He opens his eyes too and meet each other's gaze. "I love ya, me star."

"I love you, my sky."