CH 16: Fight

Azrael's POV:

Today was the day of the competition.

My heart was pounding from my chest from the anxiety and pressure from everyone. The pack had placed many bets on me, hoping I would win.

I didn't care for that though.

I needed to win the heart of the Queen.

My Queen.

Closing my eyes for a brief moment, I took a breath in and out. Almost immediately, the sweet scent of Coco filled my nostrils. I flared up at that, my eyes snapping open.

Tilting my head slowly downwards, I take in her small yet beautiful frame. She was dressed sporty, with her hair tied up in a high pony tail. However, Coco was eyeing at me with concern, her teeth biting her lip in sudden nervousness.

Frowning, I stated, "I'll be fine."

She combs her hand through the extra strands of hair she had out of her pony tail, sighing while doing so. "I know you'll be fine, I trained you. I'm just worried that you might have some scarring."

"Scars are hot though," I quickly responded with a crock of a brow.

She rolled her eyes at that, making me have another comment of...

"You know, one day... your eyes will get stuck back there from rolling your eyes too much."

I got a light smack on the back of the head for that.

Ouch.

We fell into a small fit of laughter, before I closed by eyes for only a few seconds and started to recall what occurred previously.

Remembering that I was still slightly upset for what happened before with her and Cornelius, I put a little more distance between us.

Coco must have noticed by the sudden change in the atmosphere, because her eyes became dark again.

I tried to get over it, but it takes time.

My wolf still refused to speak to Coco, his pride and heart crushed into nothingness. I couldn't blame him, especially with all the small whines that come from his chest. Every time I came near Coco, he would bury himself away. 

Silently, I stretched myself out and awaited for my name to be called.

It's only a matter of time.

***

"Next up! We have Azrael Ford against our number one champion!"

I stood up from my seat, ready to enter the arena. Coco rushed towards me, wishing me all the good lucks in the world. I thanked her, a small but forced grin.

As I stepped in, I came to face none other than my current rival.

A rival that I had taken up a challenge on since day one of moving into this pack, one that I wanted to beat the shit out of when I had the chance.

Cornelius Orwell.

My eyes nearly popped out of their eye sockets.

I just didn't think it would be real, be this soon.

I was going to fight my mates boyfriend.

How fucked up can this be?

A/N: It's been what... almost 2 weeks since I last posted? I need to get my game-on. 😅 While I was typing the story, I spelled coco wrong. I typed cock instead of her name by accident... nearly published it until I found the error, lmao. Can you imagine? "Almost immediately, the sweet scent of Cock filled my nostrils...". Also... thank you for the support of my readers, I was able to complete the chapter. Thank you... so much. ❤️❤️

P.S I wanted to get to know my readers more and be connected to them, so I decided to do something like this.

1. What is your favorite music?

2. Ideal guy?

3. Go ahead and rant! Get it off your chest, what's troubling you? No one will judge you. If anyone has good advice for you, they'll definitely respond! After all, Wattpad's community is like a family. We got you. ;)