Revenge

"What's going on?" Aang asked, knowing that Katara had never been this angry before. "Were going to find the man who took my mother from me." Katara explained. Sokka stood up from his rock, surprised. Zuko jumped in, "Sokka told me what happened. I know who did it and I know how to find him." "Um....and what exactly do you think this will accomplish?" Aang asked, getting a little worried. "Ugh. I knew you wouldn't understand." Katara muttered. She's starting to get on my nerves. "Wait! Stop! I do understand! Your feeling unbelievable pain and rage. How do you think I felt when the sandbenders took Appa? How do you think I felt about the Fire Nation when I found out they wiped out my entire Nation?"

"She needs this, Aang. This is about getting closure and justice." Zuko said, brows furrowed. "I don't think so. I think it's about getting revenge." Aang tried. These two are really stubborn. But I mean, I am too so. "Fine, maybe that's it! Maybe, that's what I need! Maybe that's what he deserves." Katara exclaimed, angrily. "Katara, you sound like Jet." Aang noted, getting worried. "It's not the same! Jet attacked the innocent! The man- he's a monster." "Katara, she was my mother, too, but I think Aang might be right," Sokka jumped in. "Then you didn't love her the way I did!" Gurl, what did ya just say? Im about to punch the hurtful words right out of her stupid mouth. "Katara." Sokka mumbled, hurt. I patted his shoulder, sighing, "it is what it is."

Aang sent me a glare, "Y/N, you're not helping." "Helping? What's that?" Aang turned back to Katara, "The monks used to say that revenge is like a two-headed rat viper. While you watch your enemy go down, you're being poisoned yourself." "That's cute, but this isn't airbender pre-school. It's the real world." Zuko said. I don't think he really wanted to get revenge on that guy, I think he just wanted Katara's approval. "Now, that I know he's out there, I just feel like I have no choice." Katara admitted. "You do have a choice. Forgiveness." Aang tried. "That's the same as doing nothing!" Zuko exclaimed.

"No, it's easy to do nothing, but it's hard to forgive," Aang explained. "Not just hard, it's impossible," Katara grumbled, storming off. Zuko followed her and Aang and Sokka went back to camp. I settled down in the grass, having nothing to do, unlike the others. I might as well try to talk to Sorla.

*********************

Talking to Sorla didn't work. But I did end up playing truth or dare with Suki. I sat where the earlier argument had taken place, trying to meditate again. The sun fell as the moon rose, bringing thousands of stars with it. "So, your just gonna take Appa anyways?"Asked the voice of Aang. I looked up to see Zuko and Katara sneaking onto Appa, who was settled next to me. "Yes,"Katara answered, bluntly. "It's okay, because I forgive you.....that give you any ideas?" "Don't try to stop us." "I wasn't going to. This is a journey you need to take. You need to face this man. But when you do, please don't choose revenge. Let your anger out, then let it go. Forgive him," Aang advised.

"Okay, we'll be sure to do that, guru goody-goody," Zuko grumbled, sarcastically. Zuko crouched down next to me, placing a kiss on my forehead, before climbing aboard Appa. I don't think this is a good idea. "Thanks for understanding, Aang. Yip-yip!" And with that, they took off. I sighed, slumping. "Y'know your pretty wise for a kid," Sokka mused. "Thanks, Sokka," Aang smiled. "Usually it's annoying, but right now, I'm just impressed." Sokka continued. "I appreciate that." "So, can I borrow Momo for a week?" "Why do you need Momo?" Aang asked. Damn, everyone wants his pets. Also, like, where did Hawky go?

*******************

Katara ended up not killing that dude, and we ended up camping out at Ember Island in the royal family's place, me, Aang, and Zuko practicing our firebending, in our training clothes. Two orange blasts, and one blue on decorated the training hall. Zuko sat down on a dry fountain, wiping his forehead with the towel I handed him. "Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara asked. "I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us." Zuko explained, dropping his towel. "You guys aren't going to believe this!" Exclaimed Sokka, coming out of nowhere holding a poster. "There's a play about us!"

I stood up, grabbing the poster from his hold. "We were just in town and we found this poster!" Suki explained, much better then Sokka. "What? How is that possible?" Asked Katara from over my shoulder. "Listen to this," Sokka started, snatching the poster out of my hand, "The Boy in the Iceberg' is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage." I snatched the poster out of his grip reading the rest, "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players."

"Ugh, my mother used to take us to see them. They butchered 'Love amongst the dragons' every year!" Zuko exclaimed. "I actually liked it," I shrugged. "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to watch a play about ourselves?" Katara asked, a bit hesitant. "Come'n, a day at the the theater? This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!"

*********************

We entered the theater, Zuko settling between me and Katara. "Hey, uh....I wanted to sit there," Aang hesitated. Zuko removed his hood, "Just sit next to Y/N. What's the problem?" I leant in to his ear, whispering the 'problem' to him. "So what?" Zuko shrugged. "So? He likes her. Let him sit there." The lights dimmed and the curtains pulled open. "Too late." Zuko sighed, setting an arm around my shoulder. "Why are we in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from here!" Toph whined. "Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening," Katara giggled.