The White Lotus Camp

Bumi was telling us how he got out of his city, while we headed to the main camp. Apparently, he waited the entire time until the eclipse and took his city back, all by himself. That's cool. "Wow! You took back your whole city all by yourself!" Suki exclaimed. Bumi smiled, looking back at us, "So what about you guys? Did you do anything interesting on the day of the eclipse?" Sokka and Zuko shared a look. "Nah," Zuko shrugged. "No, not really," Sokka mumbled. "Yeah, I only raised an entire river," I muttered to Zuko. "Wait, that was you?" Asked Zuko.

"Well, here we are. Welcome to Old People Camp," Bumi said before I could answer. A bunch of pristine looking tents dotted the clearing. Zuko looked around, "Where...where is he?" Master Piandao pointed to a tent, "Your uncle's in there, Prince Zuko." Zuko's brows turned upward with worry and shame. He walked up to the tent, hand still in my tattooed one, bringing me with him. He knelt down in front of the tent, staring at the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling down next to him. "No, I'm not okay. My uncle hates me, I know it," Zuko started. I estimated that this was gonna be a long one so I settled down comfortably next to him.

"He loved and supported me in every way he could, and I still turned against him. How can I even face him?" "Zuko, you're sorry for what you did, right?" I said, giving his hand a consoling squeeze. "More sorry than I've been about anything in my entire life," Zuko admitted. "Well then he'll forgive you. He will. He better." I said, glaring at the last part. Zuko sent me a grateful smile. "I'll come with you if you want,"I offered. Zuko nodded, "Yes, please." He got up and bringing me with him. He took a deep breath, peeling open the tent and walking in. A figure was lying in the dark. "Uncle?" Started Zuko. Loud snores filled the tent. "He's asleep," I announced. Zuko turned to the ground, upset. He had barely wiped up the courage to come here in the first place. "Great! I'm gonna have to face him later, now," Zuko sighed.

I patted his knee, "That's rough, buddy." "You should get some sleep," Zuko said. "What? While your awake? No," I scoffed. "Y/N, please-" "I said no." Zuko sighed, turning to our hands, comfortably intwined and settled on his thigh, "Alright." I ended up falling asleep anyways, like always. But it was Zuko's fault for being so warm and snuggly. I woke up again in the middle of the night in the same spot I had fallen asleep, against Zuko's shoulder, his arm around me. He was still awake, not having gotten a bit of sleep. "You sure you don't wanna sleep?" I asked, my voice grumbly. Zuko nodded, turning to me with a smile. "It's almost sunrise." My hand paused in the middle of rubbing my eye, "What?"

"Yeah," Zuko breathed. "You haven't slept for like two days, then you slept for like an hour, than you stayed awake again, then you slept for four days, and then like two hours, and now none," I rushed, listing his sleep schedule. Zuko shrugged. "Don't make me knock you out with a rock, Prince Zuko," I warned. Zuko laughed, his worry seeming to fade away. It came back when Iroh's figure shifted. He got up and yawned, me and Zuko straightening. I could feel Zuko's anxiety emitting from him in thick, suffocating waves. "You've got this," I breathed, patting his shoulder. Zuko took a deep breath.

"Uncle, I know you must have mixed feelings about seeing me. But I want you to know," his voice broke, tears spilling from his eyes, "I am so, so, sorry, Uncle. I am so sorry and ashamed of what I did. I don't know how I can ever make it up to you. But I'll-" Iroh pulled him into a hug, also starting to cry. "How can you forgive me so easily? I thought you would be furious with me," Zuko cried. "I was never angry with you. I was sad because I was afraid you lost your way," Iroh smiled. "I did lose my way." "But you found it again. And you did it by yourself. And I am so happy you found your way here," Iroh comforted. "It wasn't that hard, Uncle. You have a pretty strong scent," Zuko whispered. Iroh turned to me, lifting his arm, and inviting me into the hug. I accepted it, throwing my arms around them. "So, when are you two gonna get married?" Iroh asked. "Uncle!" Zuko indignantly shouted.

********************

We were all outside having a meal before we had to separated for Sozins Comet. Today was gonna be...eventful. "Uncle, you're the only person other than the Avatar who can possibly defeat the Father Lord," Zuko said, holding his bowl of soup. "You mean the Fire Lord," Toph corrected. "That's what I just said!" Zuko exclaimed angrily. "No, I heard Father Lord," I mused. Zuko sent me a playful glare. Iroh hummed in thought. "We need you to come with us!" Zuko said. Iroh shook his head, "No, Zuko, it won't turn out well." "You can beat him! And we'll be there to help."

Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as just more senseless violence, a brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord," Iroh explained. "And then...then you would come and take your rightful place on the throne?" Zuko asked. Iroh shook his head again, "No. Someone new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart and unquestionable honor. It has to be you, Prince Zuko." Zuko looked away briefly in thought. "Unquestionable honor? But I've made so many mistakes." "Yes, you have. You've struggled, you've suffered, but you have always followed your own path. You restored your own honor, and only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation," Iroh smiled. "I'll try, Uncle."

"Well, what if Aang doesn't come back?" Asked Toph. "Sozin's Comet is arriving, and our destinies are upon us. Aang will face the Fire Lord. When I was a boy, I had a vision that I would one day take Ba Sing Se. Only now do I see that my destiny is to take it back from the Fire Nation, so the Earth Kingdom can be free again," Iroh explained. "That's why you gathered the members of the White Lotus," Suki said. "Yes. Zuko, you must return to the Fire Nation, so that when the Fire Lord falls, you can assume the throne and restore peace and order. But Azula will be there, waiting for you," Iroh smiled. "I can handle Azula," Zuko shrugged. "Not alone! You'll need help."

Zuko grabbed my hand, "Y/N?" I smirked, "You think I'd miss out on beating someone up?" Iroh chuckled at my reply. "What about us? What is our destiny today?" Sokka asked. "What do you think it is?" Sokka hummed in thought, "I think that, even though we don't know where Aang is, we need to do everything we can to stop the airship fleet." "And that means when Aang does face the Fire Lord, we'll be right there if he needs us." Iroh nodded. Everyone started packing up the camp, while me and Zuko climbed onto Appa. "So if I'm going to be Fire Lord after the war is over, what are you going to do?" Asked Zuko to Iroh. "After I re-conquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to re-conquer my tea shop, and I'm going to play Pai Sho every day," Iroh laughed happily. Sokka, Toph, and Suki climbed onto a giant eel hound, also getting ready to leave. "Goodbye, Iroh," I smiled. "Goodbye, everyone. Today, destiny is our friend. I know it." I raised Appa's reins. "Yip, yip, buddy."