Jet

Aya's POV

"Where's, Momo?" Aang suddenly asked, glancing behind himself. We were currently in a forest camping out for a bit.

Momo screeches in the distance which caught our attention. We swiftly follow the sound of Momo's screech and found him and two other animals in cage traps that were hanging by a rope on tree limbs.

Who in the world would do this to poor, innocent animals?

"Hang on, Momo!" Aang called out to his lemur and used his airbending to fly up to Momo. Aang finds the cages mechanism, undoes it, and carefully lowered Momo to the ground near us.

The trap opened up and Momo runs out with a lychee nut in his mouth. Momo didn't seem phased by what just happened and ate the nut like nothing happened to him.

My brother grunts in frustration and facepalms. Aang looks up at the other animals, who were crying out for help.

"I think we should help them," I suggested, pointing to them.

"All right, you too." Aang jumped back up to the trees to free the animals.

"This is gonna take forever." Sokka groaner and throw his boomerang to simply cut the animals free.

Aang inched his way across the tree upside down as the trap falls to the ground. "That works."

The monkeys run up the tree as Aang lowers back to the ground. We gathered around the trap, examining it.

"These are Fire Nation traps, you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving." Sokka suggested, touching the trap.

We went back to our camp and packed our things onto Appa's saddle.

"Uh-uh. No flying this time." Sokka shook his head and I gave him a confused look.

"Why? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked confused like me.

Sokka took the sleeping bag from him. "Think about it: Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable."

"What? Appa's not too noticeable!" Katara protested.

Sokka pointed to Appa, condescendingly. "He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him!"

App yawned and Aang airbended onto his head.

"Sonja's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have an arrow," Aang assured his bison.

"I know you all wanna fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk," Sokka suggested and I smiled at him.

"Who made you the boss?" I leaned toward him slightly.

He pointed to his self. "I'm not the boss, I'm the leader."

Katara chuckled in amusement. "You're the leader? But your voice still cracks!"

I giggled softly at Katara's comment.

"I'm the oldest, and I'm a warrior, so-" Sokka deepened his voice. "I'm the leader."

"If anyone's the leader, it's Aang, I mean he is the Avatar," I told Sokka, turning to Aang, who was hanging upside down from Appa's horn.