The Siege of the North Part 2

Aya's POV

"I can't believe I lost him."

Katara and I were both upset about Aang but I think I was more upset then her. Aang and I are the closest and the thought of losing him really hurts.

I just have this special connection with the airbender and he means a lot to me.

"You did everything you could, and now we need to do everything we can to get him back." Sokka assured me and I felt him touch my shoulder. I turned to my brother with tears in my gold eyes.

"Sokka's right, Aya. Zuko can't have gotten far. We'll find him. Aang's gonna be fine." Katara agreed and I let out a sigh.

"Alright." I agreed and stood up. Katara wrapped a warm arm around me as we mounted our flying bison friend. Momo remains on the ground with a sorrow expression, thinking of Aang.

"It's all right. You stay here, Momo, in case Aang comes back." Katara told our flying lemur.

"Yip yip." Sokka said and Appa ascended into the sky. Appa flew toward a frozen tundra where a blizzard is raging. I hid my face in the hood of my coat and huddled close to my sister for any warm.

Not much time had passed since we started searching for Aang and Zuko. We didn't find any sign of them anyway and the blizzard was only getting stronger.

"Don't worry, Prince Zuko can't be getting too far in this weather." Yue assured us.

"I'm not worried they'll get away in the blizzard. I'm worried that they won't." Katara remarked.

"They're not going to die in this blizzard. If we know anything, it's that Zuko never gives up. They'll survive, and we'll find them." Sokka exclaimed over the whistling of the raging storm.

A part of me wants them both to survive, not just Aang. Zuko may be an arrogant jerk who wants to kidnap Aang but he's also a human with feelings.

We continued flying around for a few minutes and we didn't see anything. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of light shoot across the sky and I gasped.

"Look, that's gotta be Aang. Yip-yip!" I called, pointing to the white light that zoomed by.

Appa flew down toward the cave where Aang was and landed near it. Katara slides off Appa and Zuko tossed a tied up Aang aside.

"Here for a rematch?" Zuko asked my sister.

"Trust me Zuko, it's not going to be much of a rematch." Katara remarked as she countered his fire blast with her water.

As Katara fought the fire prince, I hopped off Appa and over to Aang. I took out one of my daggers and cut Aang loose.

"Hey, that's some quality rope!" Sokka called from Appa and I rolled my eyes.

Katara was able to knock Zuko unconscious which gave us time to flee from him.

"We need to get to the oasis; the spirits are in trouble!" Aang told us in a hurry as he picked me up and airbended us onto Appa's head.

"Wait, we can't just leave him here." Aang stopped, noticing Zuko's body on the snowy ground.

"Sure we can. Let's go." Sokka protested.

"No, if we leave him he'll die." Aang argued and  hopped off Appa. He picked up the prince and placed him on Appa's saddle.

"Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Let's bring the guy who's constantly trying to kill us." Sokka commented with sarcasm.

Aang once again joins me on Appa's head before we ascended into the sky. I was very relieved that Aang was okay but we are far from okay.

Suddenly, the sky turned a dark marroon color and the moon was red. I heard a small groan from Appa and Aang grabbed his head.