24: A Soulmate

I twirled in the mirror as my eyes shined brighter than the sun. I looked happy, the color made me smile and the subtle shade of blue made my face be illuminated.

"I love it", Avery squealed as she rushed to the shoes taking me with her. She picked out some heels for me as I tried to walk in them.

"Are you messing with me?", Avery asked, staring at my feet as I held the railing of the shoe cabinet. I lost my balance and landed straight on the ground.

"I don't know how to walk in heels, okay", I told her as she looked at me surprised. As a daughter of a CEO, it was practically mandatory to attend all the banquets and the meetings If I were to take over the business, but my father had other plans. He instead left me at home and when people asked where I was, he'd say I had run away or was off doing something stupid, but what I was doing was scrubbing the ground.

"Okay, then here we can get some flats", she handed me a pair of flats as I took them. We then paid and left the store.

————————
"Okay sweetie, your makeup is done, now all you need is this beautiful dress on you.", she shooed me into the bathroom as I took a second to stare at myself my scars didn't show, except there was on my neck, that I kept to remind myself of everything I went through. I slipped on the silky blue dress, and lifted it to my chest.

"Everything okay in there", Avery knocked on the door, checking in on me in a very worried voice. I stood up adjusting the slightly short dress, pulling it down.

"I think the dress is too short", I opened the door a crack as she motioned for me to come out of the cracked open bathroom. Her jaw dropped as I bent my back pulling the dress down across my knees.

"You look beautiful", she said as she took my hands in hers and kept me from pulling it down.

"And I know my brother he likes the short dresses", my smile slowly faded as I remembered the thought I had been avoiding the whole night, I was going out with him but he had been with so many other women, I can't compare to them honestly, I'd be in the negatives.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. He likes you for you, and he will definitely love this dress cause your wearing it", she made me smile as she plopped me down in the chair.

"So where are you two going", she asked as the blank answer filled my mind. I had no clue, not a hint. This man said it was a surprise.

"It's a surprise", I simply said as she looked at me like she wanted all the details and I couldn't supply.

"Your keeping things from me, tell me", she begged.

"No I mean I have no clue where we're going it's a surprise for the both of us", she laughed as I could tell she had enjoyed this.

"So what about your love life, I mean you own a business, your a model, I mean I know Tyler, but what about anyone else", I asked her as I could only wonder what was filling her mind at this moment. I hoped she was waiting for the right one, she deserves a soulmate.

"I had this dream when I was little that I would find my soulmate and I would just know it was him, but it's been harder than ever to find him." I could see in her eyes, that she wanted a special someone, more than anything.

"And do you think that special person is Tyler?", I asked her and she looked more confused then ever.

"I don't know, I mean I just realized I have these feelings for him and I mean he's amazing, but I think when we kiss and I like him, then I'll know", she said and I understood completely.

"And you plan on kissing him?", I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Oh it was all I dreamed about last night", she told me and I happily smiled.

"I mean I guess I'll just wait and see, we're best friends but if it doesn't work out, I'll be crushed", she said and I could tell that it would be difficult, losing your best friend is heartbreaking.

"And what about you, if this doesn't work out", she asks as I didn't know the answer, if this didn't work I would still have to stay until Nolan banishes me gone.

She curled my hair into little twirls as I heard the doorbell ring, Avery started bouncing up and down as she squealed hoping it was Nolan.

She skipped to the door as I stayed behind, but still followed her, the knocks became persistent as she looked through the peep hole, she opened the door looking happy.

"Speaking of a warm welcome where's Nolan", she checked the time on her watch as she took the vodka in his hand and took it the kitchen as we both followed. I was happy he had showed up, for whatever reason. Maybe this would finally give them time to talk.

"Nolan, told me to come here to keep you company, he said you two would be out late and might not even come home", Tyler pointed to me as I became panicked. Avery rushed to the room, as we heard her rustling through drawers and closets.

"OVERNIGHT", I sat down, as I screamed in distress. How was I supposed to stay the night, I wasn't going to sleep with him.

"Come on man, why'd you have to tell her", a familiar voice spoke as I turned my head back and saw a gorgeous face, mine soon became red and blushed. I stood up as I smoothed my dress out as I looked into his deep eyes, as his eyes racked my dress, he moved closer and closer as he took in every curl and every freckles plastered on my face.

"You look beautiful", his words so sincere as Tyler slipped into the darkness joining Avery, in the room. He was wearing a tied up black suit, and dress shoes, he looked hot and sexy and just full on bossy.

"You ready", I gulped as I took in his hand and gripped on to it tightly as we went out the front door, never looking back.