30: Protective Side

It was Friday, after relaxing, a lot of hugging and kissing, it was time to escape to the real world.

We had yet to meet Cole, Avery's new beau, who Nolan hadn't met yet but simply hated, and all his hate was based on a cryptical feeling.

"I really don't have a good feeling about this", he went on and on about this feeling he had about Cole, who I had heard as a nice guy who made Avery happy.

"You don't even know him, give him a chance before you judge him", I gave him a shirt as I kissed his lips softly as I knew it would calm his agitated mindset. He leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"You're right, I just hate that I don't know him, he's not worthy of her", he got all protective as his fists balled up as he squeezed them tightly, hoping to relieve some of his pent up pressure.

"Someone needs to stop being so protective, Avery is a woman who earns her own money and I've seen her she can fight her own fights, if she needs your help I can bet you will be the first person she calls, okay", he brought me closer as he leaned his head on top of mine and he hugged me close, never wanting to let go.

"I like your protective side", I looked up at his sad face as he smiled wholeheartedly. He brushed back wisps of hairs and leaned down as he kissed my forehead.

"It'll be good for the future", he said as he walked away and I could only imagine what the future had in store for the two of us.

"So you're going to be nice", I asked him as he smiled mischievously and opened the house door for me as I followed out waiting for his answer.

"If he's an ass, then he gets what he deserves, if he's not an ass, then he gets what he deserves", he joked around as I stared at him dead in the eye and I could tell he was being very serious about this 'getting what he deserves' business.

"And what would he deserve", I asked as we pulled out of the house and started on the highway.

"A little punch here and there, that's all", he was blowing it by proportion, I understood how he felt but his sister was a grown woman, but at the same time, I admired it. I had never had that protectiveness over anyone and seeing it made me believe that there is good in family.

"You're going to punish someone for liking your sister", I asked as he nodded very happily. This man was definitely going crazy inside.

"So you're saying your sister would punch me for liking you", I asked as he took a minute to clear his mind and think about it for a while.

"Well when we got married, you didn't like me, cause I was an ass, sorry", he apologized and I couldn't have believed where the conversation had begun and where it would end as we pulled up to the building of a quaint coffee shop.

"You left me on our wedding day, to sleep with a hooker, and all I get is sorry", I laughed as he looked at me as if I was joking. He was just a guy, he didn't know how to take responsibility for his actions.

"Baby, I'm sorry, about all of that, I didn't realize that you were the most amazing girl in my entire life, and now that I have I am never letting go", he hugged me as he let go he turned off the engine to the car and he ran to the side to get my door for me.

"Our first fight, I didn't like it", he wrapped his arm around my neck as he kissed my cheek, and I knew all was fine, it was the past and though it could come back to haunt us, we had both moved on and nothing was stopping us.

"It wasn't a fight, it was an argument and we worked it out", he rubbed my head as he fixed my hair subtly. I smoothed the edges out as we walked to the door of the coffee shop.