Wedding bells

"If you let people into your life a little bit, they can be pretty amazing. "

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

We enter the massive hall. I can't see anything properly because of my embroidered veil. Little girls are walking infront of me throwing flowers on my way. They look like little angels.

I spot the little boy from my room earlier. He is standing besides Ramsey, wearing a suit same as Ramsey's. I smile at the thought of what happened back at my room. As we begin walking down the aisle, my heart starts to beat very fast. It feels like my rib cage is going to explode at any minute and my heart will jump out of its place. My hands are getting sweaty.

My father gently squeezes my hand, assuring me and then removes my hand from his arm when we stop in front of two figures. He offers my hand to Ramsey.

Ramsey gently takes my hand in his large warm ones and I suck in my breath. He helps me to climb the stairs to the stage. When we reach our designated place, instead of letting my hand go, he places a paper inside it and then leaves it at my side.

I first thought it was a tissue he gave me to wipe the sweat from my hands but when I look down closely, it looks like a small letter. I look at him in bewilderment and see him looking everywhere except at me like he was hiding something. I wonder what's wrong with him. Did he hit his head on the way here or something? He's been acting really weird since the day the news of our marriage was announced.

He motions me to open the letter, cutting my train of thoughts. I secretly open it not wanting anyone else to see the letter and start reading it.

"The first time I saw you, I couldn't believe my eyes because you were exactly like my mother as my father told me. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you but I didn't want you to know that yet. I thought that you would reject me. I am not good at approaching people first and how could I tell you my feelings for you when you were so perfect and I'm nothing in comparison. Forgive me for not confessing my feelings for you before. I know you are not happy with this marriage but I promise you with all of my heart that I will always keep you happy. Give me a chance to show you that. I love you Rose with all my heart and I promise once again to keep you happy till the day I die. So, will you marry me?"

I was stunned with shock. My eyes became wide enough to pop my eyeballs out. I look into his eyes for any sign of him lying but instead find them full of worry, love, happiness and other emotions. They showed sincerity on them. He was sincere. His feelings are sincere. Looking into bis mesmerising blue orbs, I'm reminder of the letter attached with the bouquet.

"Roses are red
and my eyes are blue.
This bouquet is gorgeous
but not more than you."

It was him. He sent me that bouquet. He was all along worried that I would reject him and pretended like he was not interested in me so he wouldn't get a heart break. He was nothing like he posed to be. He is really soft from the inside.

I think deeply for a moment about my reply and then muster up all my courage. I place my hand in his and give it a little squeeze to tell him that I accept his proposal. He looks at me with amazement and then smiles brightly. I return his smile with one of my own and this time a genuine one. Soon we were declared husband and wife and everyone began cheering for us. The flowers began to fall on us from above, showering us with their pleasant smell. The music began to play in the background. Everything made it seem like it was a dream. The dream I always wanted to come true. It was hard to believe that everything that was happening was real.

I looked at everyone sitting in the hall. They were all happy. Now my heart was happy and excited for this new life. I looked at my father, who was smiling all along and bowed my head at him as a gesture of thank you. He did it as well in return.

I looked at my partner and I could see my bright future with him. My parents were right all along. We don't need to know each other in order to fall in love, it just happens with the passage of time.

From that day a new chapter of my life began with the person I despised in the start but then fell in love with at the end.

         🎼          Wise men say

   only fools rush in
     But I can't help
     falling in love with you
     Shall I stay?
     Would it be a sin
     If I can't help
     falling in love with you?
     Like a river flows
    surely to the sea
    Darling so it goes
   Some things are meant to be
   Take my hand,
   take my whole life too
   For I can't help
   falling in love with you.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hey all of you!!!

So, this is the end of my novella. Hope you people liked it. It's not the best I know but I tried.

Let me know your sincere thoughts on this novella so I can improve my work. I enjoyed writing it and will write more.

Please show some love by commenting,  voting and sharing it. Also visit my account on Instagram for updates and photography. @missy_e24.

Thank you for sticking with me till the end. You're amazing!!!

Until next time ♥

-MissyE♥