Chapter 2

We all rode Appa as he would occasionally dive down really fast. It was amazing feeling the wind go through my hair. It was the perfect weather, summer was just ending and fall was coming soon. We were all laughing from excitement, as the adrenaline rushed through our veins. Well aside from Zuko and Toph who gripped onto the sides of the saddle in fear. I turned to Kaito who smiled brightly, a loud scream escaped her lips as Appa dove down one last time making me laugh. A small groan came from Zuko, who held his eyes tightly closed each time we dove down. It was priceless.

"Ha ha! Let's go again!" Aang encouraged.

"Wait guys!" Suki announced looking to the city,"The fireworks are starting,"

We all watched the fireworks go off around us. The bright vibrant colors painted the night sky as cheers roared from below us after King Kuei's announcement. Zuko wrapped his arms tightly from behind.

"Have you calmed down?" I asked.

"I should be the one saying that to you guys," Zuko sighed, resting his forehead on my shoulder.

"Well it isn't our fault that you're just scared," Kaito said making Zuko glare at her.

"Hey, wanna know what fireworks are like for me? Close your eyes," Toph suggested as Sokka followed, I already knew this was going to be a downhill show,"Boooom!"

"Ouch!" Sokka screamed out, holding his ears and falling over.

I laughed as Katara hugged Toph,"Oh Toph, don't be such a grump! You're out with friends on a beautiful night,"

"Not to mention we all just saved the world," Kaito added proudly.

"True," Toph said in a smile.

"You, too, your new majesty Fire Lord Zuko Sir! Turn that frown upside down! It's happy time!" Aang gave a big smile, which Momo copied.

"Zuko?" 

"I visited my father in prison the other day," Zuko said becoming more serious,"I've been meaning to ask you a favor, Aang,"

"Sure," Aang quickly responded,"Anything,"

"Oh no," Kaito said, looking to me with worried eyes.

"What?" I mouthed to her as Zuko continued.

"If you ever see me turning into my father, I want you to,," He paused looking at me with sadness in his eyes. I looked down since I could already hear his next words in my head,"I want you to end me,"

"What?"

"Zuko," I added.

I could hear Kaito loudly groan, she was now sitting next to me.

"Even now, after everything that's happened, my family's legacy is still part of me. That's why it's my duty to heal the scars that the Fire Nation has left on the world. But the Fire Lord's throne comes with a lot of pressures. And if I'm honest with myself," Zuko looks at me once more as pain entered my chest, he reached out to hold my hand which started to lightly shake,"I need a safety net. The world needs a safety net. That's what I need you to be Aang. The safety net," Zuko finished.

"I told you to not turn to Aang after I said I wouldn't do it, Zuko," Kaito said angrily.

"I have to," Zuko replied.

"No you don't," I said, snapping my hand away from his, we locked eyes. I could tell he really was serious about this,"Zuko you're not your father. Don't expect me to be okay-"

"I don't want any chance of hurting anyone, Kya," He places his hand on my cheek trying to ease the pain, it felt as if he didn't trust himself. As if he didn't trust me to help him, or any of us for that matter. A chill went down my spine, please don't do this. My eyes begged him but he went on and turned to Aang.