Chapter 25

After the events that had occurred Lady Ursa agreed to come back to the Fire Nation palace with us. Zuko couldn't have been more excited about it, even if he was still a little worried for his mother he couldn't take off the big smile he held since the ship arrived to show her just how much things have changed. So after another day or so in Hira'a we we're finally on our way back to the Fire Nation capital.

Katara, Sokka and I watched as Aang had Kiyi on a flying dolphin. Their loud laughter echoed as they rode out the waves. The weather was clean and crisp with only a few clouds in the sky and light but cold breeze braced the air. It reminded me of home. Up until now I had never realized just how much I missed those Southern winds. However, I was happy with life right now so I didn't particularly matter at that moment.

"Sure looks like Aang and Kiyi are having fun," Sokka said, leaning against the railing.

"Why don't you join them?" I asked, with a small smile as Katara waved to Aang.

"No thanks. Too slimey for my taste," He smiled back causing me to stifle a laugh.

"Flying dolphin fishes aren't slimy!" Katara argued.

"Yeah, well, I still prefer my rides to be mechanical," Sokka replied, causing Appa to roar in betrayal,"Except you of course, Appa!" He smiled and allowed Appa to lick him.

Sokka now being covered in a thick coat of Bison saliva twitched a bit a the stickiness making Katara and I laugh. Sokka smirked lightly before patting off some of Appa's saliva on me making me jump a bit.

"Sokka!" I whined causing him to stick out his tongue a bit in a bleh.

"The captain says we're only a day away from the main island!" Zuko announced, averting my attention to him I made my way over to Zuko and Lady Ursa.

"So much has changed, mother. I can't wait to show you around," Zuko said excitingly, it's almost as if he jumped with every word he said to his mother like a child.

"You still get that sparkle in your eyes when you're excited, Zuko," Lady Ursa smiled, moving the hairs out of Zuko's face to get a better look at him,"Just like when you were little,"

"Believe me Lady Ursa when I tell you. This is exactly how he looks like every time he talks about you," I said softly, glinting my eyes at Zuko who immediately became embarrassed.

"Mom, please. I'm the Fire Lord now," He said, trying not to act as flustered as he was, removing Lady Ursa's hand away from his face.

"Of course. Sorry," She replied, making me softly laugh.

Zuko had told Lady Ursa how we met back in Hira'a but I didn't expect her to enjoy the story as much as she did. She even said it almost reminded her about how she and Ikem were together when they were younger, and to me that was a compliment I didn't want to take for granted. Lady Ursa was very kind to me and I appreciated her acceptance. Zuko told her almost everything that happened. From taking me away to the South to our time in Ba Sing Se. Although some stories both she and Noren already knew, like what happened in the catacombs which was very very embarrassing for them to 'retell' the epic scene that was. And of course, how Zuko and I have been helping fix the Fire Nations image to the world.

"It'll be so good to have you home again," Zuko said, pulling me away, "We're gonna go see what Aang and others are up to,"

I couldn't help but laugh as he quickly walked us towards Sokka who was watching from afar.

"Embarrassed?" I asked, still holding his hand.

"No," Zuko said, looking at me.

"You shouldn't be," I smiled warmly, making him quickly look away in a blush.