7

I was given two dresses from Enzo. They were quite similar so I wasn't sure which one to wear. I decided to wear the one with the bishop sleeves. 

I was glad that they both didn't show much skin, since I still wasn't comfortable.

I did my sunscreen, making sure to apply plenty of moisturises so I didn't look dry, since I love a glowy look

I did my foundation base, making sure to blend properly. Contouring, adding blush, mascara, some highlighter.

I've never been good with eyeliner so I decided to leave it. 

I did my lips, made sure everything was perfect as I started styling my hair. I straightened it, adding a middle parting and pushed it past my shoulders. 

I was spraying perfume when I heard a knock on the door. 

I was slightly confused since no one in this home ever knocks. I said 'come in' and the door opened to reveal Giovanni.

He looked at me and gave me a tight lipped smile. 

Has he ever genuinely smiled?

"You look beautiful." He said and I thanked him. 

"I brought you a little something May. It was our mothers, and I'm sure she'd want you to have it." He said opening a box, placing it on the dresser.

It was a beautiful necklace with matching earrings. 

I looked at Giovanni. "I can't. I can't take this." I said and he shook his head. 

"It belongs to you. She would want you to have it."

"How do you know that?" I questioned him. "I just know." He said slightly down at the mention of our mother. 

He picked up  the necklace putting it on me. 

"It looks beautiful on you, just as it looked like her." He said with visible pain in his eyes. My eyes teared up looking at him this vulnerable. 

"What-" I was cut off by him. "Don't. Don't ask yet. Not yet."

He wasn't ready to tell me what happened to our mother. So I didn't push. I simply nodded at him.

He was about to leave when I held his hand. "Thank you." I said leaning in kissing his cheek. 

He smiled.

"You always did that as a kid. The only person I ever let kiss my cheek was you and mom. But I ended up losing both." He said struggling to meet my eyes. 

When did I leave this family?

How did I end up with my adoptive parents?

And why don't I remember anything?

We stayed in silence for a while before he spoke. "I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I was only trying to keep you say. I didn't realise how I almost left you out. Sorry May." 

I shook my head. "It's ok. We are both new to this brother sister relationship. It'll take time."

He nodded. 

"Be down by 5 minutes, we have to leave." he said and I nodded as he left. 

I was suddenly glad I wore waterproof mascara as a tear dropped down my face. 

Yes, I'm also a cry baby.

I put on the earrings quickly, tidying myself up. I put on the heels Vincenzo brought with the dress which I didn't want to wear but didn't have a choice. 

I gave myself a final look in the mirror and made my way downstairs, grabbing my purse and my phone. 

I luckily I got to set up my phone yesterday before bed, and Romeo added me in the family group chat so I have everyone's number. 

Everyone was waiting by the door as I made my way down the stairs. I looked at Nico who was looking down at his phone. 

I couldn't help but admire how good he looks. I looked away as quickly as I looked in case someone saw. 

I saw 4 unfamiliar girls as I made my way down. 

Antonio put his arm over my shoulder and kissed my head. "You look gorgeous." 

"And your arm weighs more than an elephant." I groaned shoving his heavy arm off my shoulder, as I massaged the area. Everyone laughed around us, other than Nico and Giovanni of course. 

Romeo handed me an ice lolly which I gladly took. Antonio tried taking it off me but I turned the other way, moving beside Giovanni. 

He might be strong and have muscles, but he isn't quick. 

One of the girls smiled at me. "I'm Emily." She said and I smiled back. "May."

The other 3 eyed me suspiciously, but I ignored them enjoying my ice lolly.

Marco came behind me and whispered. "They're just the dates of Giovanni, Antonio, Vincenzo, and Nico. No need to trouble your brain in remembering their names. You won't see them again." He said and I eyed him suspiciously. 

"They're just fuck buddies." He whispered and I made a face of disgust. 

"Marco stop annoying her." Giovanni said but my face remained in disgust. Marco slapped my arm and I shook my head trying to forget what he just told me. 

This guy tells me too much about the others.

"Let's go." Enzo said and we all made our way outside. 

Antonio, Vincenzo, and Nico took off with their dates in their own car. 

I followed Romeo and Marco towards their car but Giovanni called me, stopping me. I turned to face him. 

"You are coming with me May." He called. 

I saw his dates annoyed look. 

"No, I'm fine with these two."

"Don't make me repeat myself." He said and I huffed following him. 

I turned to see Romeo and Marco laughing at me. "3rd wheel." Romeo said and I glared at them.

"Giovanni, are you sure these 2 can be trusted alone? They might kill each other or run away." I called out. 

Giovanni seemed to be thinking about what I said. He cursed under his breath as he walked towards me. 

"Marco move in the back, let May sit in the front." He said and Marco huffed moving to the back seat. He really didn't deny Giovanni's orders. 

"You 2 better get her safely there. Don't do anything stupid, or you will be in trouble." Giovanni said in a threatening tone. Even I was slightly afraid. 

"Go on." He said as he opened the door for me. I sat in and he shut the door. As he watched Romeo drive off, and got in his car to drive behind us. 

This is going to be one hell of a night-

I hope this wasn't a bad idea.