14

It's been a whole week since the school incident. I have to say it's been awkward.

I even got into trouble from Gio for punching someone on the first day. Toni looked proud though even though he tried to hide.

Good news is that it's my birthday today.

To be honest, I say it's good news but I'm not sure if I want to turn 18. It feels like too much responsibility.

I'm not sure if I want to grow up yet.

I was laying in bed with the door slammed open and all 5 of my brother ran into my room. Marco as usual jumped on me, with Romeo following behind.

I sat up as they all said Happy Birthday whilst Gio and Toni gave me a kiss on my head.

"You should see the presents." Marco said and Enzo slapped his head. "Shh."

Gio handed me a box. "Get changed into this, we are leaving." He said as he shoved everyone out the room.

I entered the bathroom and did my routine, showering, and put my undergarments on as I opened the box to see the dress.

It was a beautiful long sleeveless black dress.

I put it on, and it fit me perfectly.

The dress fit perfectly, especially around my waist

How did Gio decide on such a dress? I doubt he has such good taste.

The door opened to reveal Alia looking as gorgeous as ever in her red dress.

"Happy Birthday!!" Alia shouted running towards me as she hugged me tightly.

"Did you like the dress?" She asked as she shut the door.

"You chose it?" I asked and she nodded. "Thank you, it's so nice."

"No need to thank me. Gio didn't know what dress to buy so I helped." She said smiling. "Come on let's get you ready.

She sat me down as she curled the end of my hair.

I did the base of my makeup and she did the extra glam. I wasn't very good at this stuff, so it's good she is.

She handed me black heels and I put them on.

"I brought a matching purse." She said handing me it.

"Thank you."

We were heading downstairs when dad come out in his wheelchair.

I looked at him unsure if I should go to him. I haven't spoke to him since I found out about him abusing Gio.

Simply thinking about it made me angry.

"May" He called and Alia left downstairs nodding at me.

"Happy Birthday." He said and I thanked him quietly not wanting to be too rude.

"Look, I know you're upset-" I cut him off. "Upset doesn't describe how I'm feeling. It's best if you don't mention the incident." I said.

I walked away hearing him swear.

I paused.

That reminded me of the phone call he had that day.

"Get the fucking job done properly Michael. You've messed up enough. If he finds a loop hole in the contract, I will personally kill you and your family with my own hands."

I saw Nico leave his room but ignored him as I turned around. "Who's Michael?" I asked him and he seemed confused.

"Michael is my lawyer." He replied seemingly trying to remain calm.

"Who threatens their lawyer and his family?" I asked and his eyes widened, I realised Nico stopped to listen too.

"What- I don't know what you're talking about" He replied.

"That day, before I found out about Gio's scars, you were threatening him on the phone. About some contract."

"May, you must have misheard!" He said raising his voice and he left for his room making me scoff.

I turned around and bumped into Nico's chest.

He looked down at me.

"What did your father say exactly that day?" He asked and I made a confused expressions.

"That has nothing to do with you." I replied about to walk away when he grabbed my arm dragging me into him.

"It has everything to do with me." He said and my eyes widened as I tried to pull away.

"Your father and his stupid actions will end up harming you if you don't tell me what he said."

What does he know? He knows stuff that I don't.

"What are you hiding?" I whispered. "What are you and Gio hiding from me?"

"You'll find out in due time." He said as he leaned forward to whisper.

"Patience."

I shivered in his hold.

"Now dolcezza, tell me what he said that day." He asked again.

Dolcezza?

I'll make sure to ask Marco what that means.

He said "Get the fucking job done properly Michael. You've messed up enough. If he finds a loop hole in the contract, I will personally kill you and your family with my own hands."

"Cazzo" He said as he pushed me aside rushing down the stairs. I watch him rush into Gio's office shutting the door.

My breathing was heavy for some strange reason.

It was weird. This was the first time I properly had an encounter with Niko, and it's already affecting me so much.

So much for an 18th birthday.

I made my way downstairs, tidying myself on the way.

Toni was in the living room and he smiled. "You look beautiful."

"So no Nina today?" I jokes (cute little girl)

"You're always a Nina." He chuckled.

"I think I need to learn Italian." I said.

"No it's fun when you don't understand what we are saying." Romeo joked.

"Yeah, fun for you not me."

Ever since I've been here they'll sometimes deliberately speak in Italian just to annoy me. Even if they're talking about the weather, they'll speak in Italian.

So annoying.

"What does dolcezza mean?" I asked no one in particular.

"It means sweet girl." Toni said.

I couldn't help the blush that crept up on my face.

Gosh, I'm such a child. Why am I reacting like this? It's not like he called me babe. In fact it's insulting, the name sounds like I'm a child.

I mean Nico is 23-

I think.

Gio and Nico exited the office, they both looked fuming.

"Let's go."

Gio looked at me then looked away as if it pained him to look at me.

Did I do something?