Chapter 1: Welcome to Element City

——————————🔥——————————

Waves lapped gently across the vast ocean as a single small ship sailed across it. Aboard the ship were two people made of fire, a man and a woman. The woman was pregnant and the man had just given her a blanket to keep herself warmer.

The two shared worrying looks. They had been at sea for a very long time, and were concerned that they wouldn't find a new place to live. That is, until they saw something fly over them.

It was a bright pink hot air balloon and it was heading towards the outline of what looked like a large and colorful city.

When they docked at the pier, the two stepped off their boat, the man carrying two bags, and the woman carrying a small lantern that held a blue flame.

As they walked further along the dock, they saw boats far larger than theirs coming in as well. One held a bunch of earth elements with large trees growing on their heads.

Another giant submarine rose up from the water and dumped a bunch of water onto the ground that eventually formed into figures.

A large blimp parked at a high up tower, and a bunch of clouds exited, making the blimp deflate. It floated down to a lower level where other air elements entered and inflated it back up again.

...

The two fire elements made their way to check in, to register their transfer into the new city.

"Next!" An earth element called.

They both stepped forward and he smiled at them.

"Your names?" He asked.

The two introduced themselves in Firish, and the earth element had no idea what they were saying.

"Great. And how do we spell that?" He asked.

The fire man let out a bunch of hissed and crackles, confusing the attendant even more.

"How about we just go with...Bernie and Cinder?" He suggested. He used the stump on his nose to stamp their papers. "Welcome to Element City."

...

The two fire elements, made their way onto a train to look for a place to stay. The train jerked a bit, and a water guy next to them spilled some of himself on Cinder, extinguishing her arm and part of her face.

Bernie quickly opened his bag and gave her a stick to eat to regrow her limb and her face. They both placed their hands on Cinder's stomach to check on their baby, which seemed to be okay.

Bernie looked up at the man and growled. "Water."

...

The two came to a house filled with leaves, that had a sign on it saying 'For Rent.' They rang the door bell, and a tree person answered it.

He gasped seeing the fire people and smiled awkwardly. "Dry leaves." He excused, closing the door in their faces.

They tried a few more places, but they got the same result each time: a door in their faces.