Chapter 15: Bá Ksô

——————————🔥——————————

Once the water had passed, the residents from Firetown were cleaning up the damage that was done.

Bernie and Cinder were in their shop, along with other Fire residents trying to find Coal, when Wade burst in.

"I heard what happened! Is everyone okay? Where's (Y/n) and Coal?!" He asked.

"We're trying to find them." Cinder told him.

"They're in the hearth!" Someone exclaimed.

Bernie and Cinder and Wade rushed forward as the debris was cleared away, revealing Coal kneeling on the floor, the lantern in his lap, all alone.

"(Y/n) is gone." He said numbly.

Wade's eyes widened, and he sunk to his knees. "No..."

Cinder gasped and rushed by Coal's side. "Oh, my son."

"She saved me." He stood up and walked over to his father, holding the lantern. "Dad...Wade...I'm sorry...this is all my fault. The shop...(Y/n)..." Coal began crying again, and his flames started to dim. "I need to tell you the truth. I don't want to run the shop. I know that was your dream. But it's not mine. I'm sorry. I'm a bad son." He sobbed, holding out the lantern to him.

Bernie took the flame from his hands and set it aside. "Coal...the shop was never true dream. You were the dream. You were always the dream."

Coal embraced his dad, still crying. "I loved her, Dad." He admitted.

Bernie embraced his son, and Cinder joined in as well. The three of them knelt on the floor, comforting each other, when they heard distant crying.

Coal perked up and, walked back into the hearth. He looked up at the ceiling and saw a water droplet fall from the ceiling into a small pot on the floor.

Coal scrunched his brows. It couldn't be...could it?

"Butterfly." He said. "Butterfly. Windshield wipers. Half a butterfly."

More light cried could be heard and more drops fell into the pot.

"An old man on his deathbed remembers the summer he fell in love. She was out of his league and he was young and scared. He met her go, thinking surely summer would come again. But it never did!" Coal chuckled.

Beside him, Wade burst into tears as more water dripped from the ceiling and started filling up the pot.

"I told you that was my best one." (Y/n) sobbing voice echoed.

"You are perfect match! Ten out of ten!" Cinder exclaimed.

"I don't understand what's going on." Bernie admitted.

"Just say something to make Water Girl cry, okay?"

"Um...uh...you are no longer panned."

"Banned."

"Banned."

"You were always my favorite sibling!" Wade called. "Just don't tell anyone I said that..."