36

"What the hell?" Eloise gasped as she walked through the front door of Caroline's house. "It's like a damn garden in here." She looked around and was quite surprised by the scene.

"It's Lewis," Caroline replied as she stood in the middle of her living room, surrounded by at least two dozen of flower bouquets, each one with an apology note. "He keeps sending these, even though I keep returning them."

Eloise picked up a note attached to a bouquet and read it.

"He is very.."

"Poetic? Persuasive?" Caroline sarcastically said, didn't bother to read the note as she has already a few before returning them. "Yeah, I know."

"Under different circumstances, I would her tried to convince you to forgive him..he does have a way with words," Eloise put the note back from where she picked it up. "But I don't think anyone has hurt or betrayed you like him before."

"Well..except for my parents but..yeah," Caroline gave her a faint smile.

"Do you still love him?" Eloise cautiously asked.

"Of course I still love him," Caroline quickly replied. "Those sort of feelings doesn't just go away so quickly...but I am working on it."

***

Caroline was caught off guard and was a little shocked to utter a word as her mother, Diana informed her on the phone that she and her husband will be at Silverstone for the race.

"Caroline? Are you there?" Diana called out through the phone.

"Yeah..umm," Caroline cleared her dry throat as she got a grip of the reality. "But you don't have to come to Silverstone. I mean we can arrange a lunch or dinner later after the race."

"Oh, unfortunately, honey, I am very busy and I don't think I will be able to clear my schedule for a meal," Diana said, sounding disappointed, but Caroline knows better.

"Of course, you are too busy," Caroline sarcastically said. She heard a faint sound behind her but brushed it off as she unwillingly stayed on her phone.

"And I ran into your father last month and he is thinking about going to one of your races too," Diana bitterly said, making Caroline roll her eyes. "But I can't let him be the one to beat me to see you racing."

"Of course, you can't," Caroline once again sarcastically replied. "Now it makes sense why all of a sudden you want to see me race."

"Oh honey, don't take it in the wrong way, you know I can't let your father win."

"Win?" Caroline scoffed. "And what is the prize?"

"Well..." Diana struggled to find an answer. "I have to go, see you in Silverstone."

Before Caroline could say goodbye her mother ended the call.

"And people wonder why I turned out like this.." Caroline mumbled as she put her phone down and out a frustrating breath.

"Turned out like what?"

Caroline turned around and immediately a scream left her mouth as she came face to face with the Ferrari driver.

"Charles!," she yelled as she hit him. "What the hell? How did you get in?"

"Your door was unlocked," Charles innocently replied, not understanding his mistake.

"Can't you ring the door bell like a normal person?"

"But the door was not locked," he repeated. "So I came in. If anything it's your fault," he pointed out. "You should lock your door properly..what if a serial killer comes in?"

"You are unbelievable," Caroline glared at him as she finally felt her heart steadying down.

"By the way, did you become a florist or something?" Charles asked. "Your whole living room is like a freaking garden."

"No, and..." Caroline stopped at mid sentence and looked at Charles and his innocent look. "Can you do me a favor and help me get rid of those flowers?"

**********

A/N: just a filler chapter.

What do you think will happen in Silverstone?

Thought on the story so far?