09

The two take Drogon toward Narook's Seaweed Noodlery, where they heartily enjoy their authentic Water Tribe noodle dinner. Bolin used this opportunity and confessed his feelings,

Naida gulped down the noodle and looks up at him, "You like Korra?"
Bolin awkwardly nods, "That's so sweet. I'll talk to her about it, don't worry."

"And I'll talk to Mako about you." Bolin suggested as she simply shook it off, "No need. I was actually going to talk to him tonight..about me and him."

Naida's glance landed on a man who was glaring at them from another table. "Hey, Bo. Who's that creepy guy?" She nudges her head towards him.

"That's Tahno and the Wolfbats. Champs for three years running." He explained as Naida glares back at him in a challenging way.

Tahno reacts to her challenging attitude, and comes over to the two. As soon as Tahno and his gang of followers reach their table, he starts to provoke Naida. "Y'know, if you really want to learn how to Pro-bend, I could give you some private lessons." He leans down to her face. Naida gets annoyed by this and stands up, "You wanna see how you look like in an ice sculpture, emo boy?"

Bolin whispers her a warning to ignore Tahno's provocation, reminding her that fighting out of the arena would disqualify the team from the tournament. Following Bolin's warning, she brings her hand to her mouth and whistles for Drogon instead.

He who promptly sticks his head through the restaurant's window, growling fiercely at Tahno, showing his sharp teeth, severely scaring him, forcing him to cower back.

_____

When Naida makes her way back to the Pro-bending Arena for their quarterfinal match, she finds Mako awaiting her on the stairs at the entrance. He asks her what kind of game she is playing with Bolin, as he is convinced that she is only going out with his brother to get back at him.

"I'm only looking out for my little brother from getting his feelings hurt." He informs her. "I would never hurt Bolin and you know that." Naida points her finger at him accusingly.

"Besides, he likes Korra. I don't know what kind of jealousy you have inside you, but spare it for Asami-the girl that you are dating." Naida shoves his finger into his chest as he was shocked by her words,

"I am done having this conversation with you. I'll see you inside." She says and waves him off.

The argument has an effect in their next match against the Boar-q-pines as the team does not connect well anymore with each other, not feeling the pace of the game nor the rhythm of the movements of the teammates, and they quickly lose the first round.

The match ends in a tiebreaker as Mako wins it.

After the match, Naida decided to go search for Mako so that they can sort their thing out. In respond, she find Bolin with flowers in his hands going to the dock. He explained he's going to ask Korra out on a date as Naida claims she's looking for Mako.

Just as they arrive at the dock, the scene had already escalated in front of their eyes. Korra and Mako had their lips connected, they were kissing.

The two pull away from each other. Tears began informing in Naida's eyes as Bolin already bursted. Korra and Mako rush over to them,

"I-I need to go."

"Naida!" Korra called her, but she was long gone. Naida had sprinted towards the other side of dock and whistled for Drogon with tears pouring out her eyes. He quickly arrives as she jumps onto his saddle. Naida broke down sitting in the saddle as Drogon brought them back to the island. "How could I be so stupid, Drogon?"

Naida gets off of him and sits down at the shore of the island, her feet touching the water. She brought her knees to her chest as she hugged and snuggled into them. Drogon approached her and surrounded her body, keeping her warm. Naida with tears in her eyes smiled at her dragon and glanced back at the moonlight that shined upon them.