Corruption

“AHHHHHH”

“AHHHHHH”

The ground welcomed me to a great big cold hug. Snow flew around the impact of my body.

“Y/n? Are you alright?” Zane asks standing to his feet.

“No… everything hurts.” I whine while hugging my body. “Where are we?”

Wherever we are it is cold as hell, seriously I feel like I'm freezing my tits off.

How did he end up here? I was pretty sure I managed to stop Wu from getting hit, but I guess I didn't do as well as I hoped.

“I do not know.” He mutters helping me to my feet.

A strike of lightning thudded in the distance.

Perhaps we should find shelter,” he glances to the mech laying down in the snow. “but we can't leave this here.”

He tries to create an ice platform, gasps in pain.

“Zane.” I mutter making my way up to him, “Your injured, you can't-”

He nods but looks at the scroll on the ground, “Unless?” He picks up the scroll and easily makes the platform.

“Master Wu said it's too powerful for one to use.”

God now I sound like a narc.

He pushes the platform, motioning for me to follow him, “We must get to shelter, I do not believe your body will last long in this temperature.”

“Fine” following behind him a twinge in my ankle alerted me of its injury. Probably sprained, but there's nothing I can do without supplies.

Shivering through the cold we come up to a cave.

“A cave. I suppose that will suffice for now.” He shrugs pushing the platform along.

A screech stopped us in our steps.

A bird? Dragon?

“what the fuck is that thing?!” I scream seeing it flies directly towards us.

“Look out!” Zane pushed me out the way, being knocked down by the bird.

It turns around aiming at us once again.

Zane quickly picks up the staff and zaps the bird which squawks angrily and flies off. “Are you unharmed?”

I sigh in relief, taking his hand, “Thanks to you.”

He pushes the platform into the cave and blocks the entrance to create a sort of Ice Cave.

“I do dislike to sound pessimistic, but it is best we see things clearly.” He says hesitantly setting down the scroll.

“You mean… about dying?” I question weakly, limping over to him as he sets down a screen recorder.