The Shape of Nya

“That'll be 10 bucks” I mutter while bagging the items

My normal part time job.

Well it's been my part time job ever since… Nya.

“Thank you!” A little child beams taking the bag filled with ice cream.

“I don't care if your roommate keeps you up at night, we're live!” The quiet television seemed to pierce my ears as the store was left empty. Gayle Gossip, the only station we get in this stupid place, “Plans are underway for a candlelight vigil to mark the sacrifice of Nya, the Elemental Master of Water, who saved Ninjago City exactly one year ago today.”

Frowning I crouched down, going into my ‘break room'.

“How many will turn out in her honor? City officials are unsure, but this reporter for one, will be there.”

This break room was created when I started having forceful twitches or panic attacks on the job. My boss on the other hand doesn't permit breaks.

So not only do I have to deal with his perverted mind for dresscode I also have no workers' union to help me out here.

My gaze fell onto the my ‘uniform’

A yellow crop top with the stores logo on top. A logo I STILL can't read.

And black bootie shorts.

Do I work at a market or a fucking hooters?!

Groaning, I didn't leave my distaste for customers as the door rang.

Standing back up I glared at the backs of the five people who entered the room.

Ugh, people are dressing up as the ninja again. The first time I saw someone dressed up as Lloyd I thought he came back for me, but… no.

After the who fiasco, Lloyd was hurt. We all were. But he left. Left us. Left me.

“I won't let you get hurt. Not again.”

What bullshit. He broke my heart.

The thought sent my chest ablaze with fury.

The group came up to me, setting down about a handful of stuff.

Looking over the junk food I scanned each barcode, setting them in the bag afterwards.

At least having this job has helped me learn numbers. I got that going for me.

“35.72” I grumble not even giving the five a hint of a smile.

The blue jumpsuit slid a 40 towards me.

“I received 40, 4.28 is your change.” 

“Keep the change, and this.” The green one says sliding over a 20 on the table.

Taking a deep breath I kept my gaze on the money, normally I would thank someone for this stuff. But at this job? People treat me like a escort.

Leave me the change, or handing me more money in order to spend the night with them.