Roots

“Watch where you put those hands

“Watch where you put those hands.” I groan, pulling myself up the ladder of the manhole.

Mr. Lloyd was below me making sure I didn't fall by keeping a hand firmly on my thigh.

What a gentleman.

A rather touchy gentleman.

The other ninja came together, thankfully everyone else were safe.

Wu stepped out the entrance for the paperboys hideout. “Nya. Y/n. Lloyd.”

“Master Wu!”

“It's good to see all of you.” He grins, pulling Lloyd and I into a hug.

“You too, Master.”

Nya looks away, “I just wish we had better news.”

“Yeah. Doesn't look like we can count on any help.” Jay sighs.

“We are not without allies.” Wu shrugs turning our attention to the criminals from jail…

and, “Ronin?”

“It's a long story. Come inside. I have something to show you.” He leads the way in showing us a scroll. “This is the final prophecy of Quanish the Elder.”

Garmadon scoffs, “Quanish? Quanish was a fool.”

“Hopefully not entirely, for he prophesied that one day, the defenders of Ninjago would achieve a higher form of Elemental Energy. Something he called "Dragon Form," which they would use in the final conflict against evil.”

“Dragon Form sounds cool.” Jay nods enthusiasticly.

“Did he say how this "Dragon Form" is achieved?” Garmadon asks.

“Unfortunately, no.”

“Hmph. Typical Quanish. Leave out the most important part.”

“But these images offer clues. The first shows someone leaping upwards. The second, kicking backwards. Then turning, and rotating quickly.”

Oh. You've got to be kidding me.

Kai pipped up, “Lemme get this straight. To assume Dragon Form, we have to jump up, kick back, whip around, and spin?”

Snorting, I covered my mouth looking away from the curious gazes, “Sorry… sorry that is just too good.” I mutter calming down from my laughing high.

Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, and Lloyd attempt to do so, but fail. Multiple times.

“Anyone feel ... "dragon-y"?”

“You don't look it.” I frown watching as they do it again for the nth time still failing.

“Master Wu?” Kai gasps, still faced down on the ground, “I hate to say it, but ... I don't feel anything.”