Turn of the Tide

Twitching spuraticly the wrench in hand swung towards Lloyd, without having to look at me he swiftly dodged it moving onto to the next part of his underwater mech

“You shouldn't have me helping.” I mutter looking back at the bolt that was a bit out of place.

“I wanted to spend time with you. You know before anyth-” he trailed off looking up at me.

The other ninja were at the police station, leaving only P.I.X.A.L, Kai, Lloyd and I behind.

“That's not-” my hand freezes up, then quickly curled causing the wrench to drop and clang again the mech.

Grabbing my hands, Lloyd forced me to look at him, “Hey hey… what's wrong?” He coos, trying to relax me.

“Something is wrong.” I huff, “Something… I just I don't believe we defeated Kalmaar. He- he”

“Sh sh shh, I have you.” He hums pulling me into a tight hug.

A compression hug. Something weighted that simply helps with calming me down.

I'm scared. I'm seriously scared. If they're willing to kill a person right in front of us then I have no doubts they aren't willing to do more.

Wha– what if-

“Hey, your twitching again… I thought I told you everything is going to be-”

Kai's vehicle explodes, causing a fire to blaze up. Lloyd groans turning around to extinguish the fire.

“I won't let you get hurt. Not again.”

My eyes trailed his face, from the furrowing of his thick brows to the small pout his lips moved in. Memorizing every part of the face that made me want to believe anything that comes from those lips.

“I believe you.”

Kai's vehicle explodes again, blasting the two of us off the side of the hangar bay.

Shrieking an arm wrapped around my waist as Lloyd used his other to climb back up, “Kai!” He growls out glaring at the red ninja.

“Eheh… sorry about that.”

___________

My fears were only true.

“I'll go get some comfort items!” I state rushing off to the storage room.

Kalmaar woke Wojira up with the real amulet. The one he let Nya take was the fake one that Clutch left us with.

Now all of Ninjago was flooded.

Like a tsunami.

A terrifying movie.

Kind of like the one with The Rock.

Positive jokes are the only way I'm getting through the rush of fears and soon to be trauma flowing through me.

Grabbing a armful of Blankets I steadily made my way back into the deck, finding Gayle Gossip and her reporter on board.