The storm Amulet

“I have no memories from before that fateful day

“I have no memories from before that fateful day. No memories of my real father, or my real mother. I remember only the family who adopted me, the father who took me in.” Benthomaar took a seat beside me, looking out the glass window.

“He fearlessly took on all of the eels, saving my life. To this day, it is the most heroic thing I have ever seen.”

He's going over his life, a bittersweet smile graced his face.

“This was the moment I met the one who would raise me. The one I would call Father.”

His eyes roze, light blue eyes traced my expression, “King Trimaar was caring, attentive. He accepted me and treated me just like his own son. Although, not everyone was so accepting.”

“I wanted only to earn Kalmaar's love. I thought one day, if I kept trying, he would accept me as his father did. But nothing would please Kalmaar. I began to lose hope. I feared he would never view me as his brother. But then, one day…”

“One day he asked for us to do brotherly bonding. What I didn't know is that I was only being used to get to the temple of Wojira.”

“I understood then—for the first time, I think—that Kalmaar would never love me. My father was the only one who cared about me, and—and now he's gone. And—and I'm alone.”

My hand quickly landed on top of his, squeezing it with comfort, “You're not alone.” I huff nodding my head to the rest of the guys, “While we aren't family, it doesn't mean you don't have us.”

Jay stepped closer, “Yeah, Bentho. We're here!”

Lloyd sighed, “We can't pick our family, but we can pick our friends.” His gaze fell into my form, “And I'm proud to call you a friend.”

Nya looked towards the glass window, “Now let's get to that island and make sure we get the amulet before Kalmaar does.”

_______

“Okay, so, let me get this straight. Kalmaar needs two amulets to awaken this huge serpent Wojira, and he's got one of them already?” Jay asks as I pull out a platter of cookies from the oven.

Benthomaar nodded, “Correct. The Wave Amulet.”

“And the second is the Storm Amulet that we found on the Island of the Keepers?”

The ninja in green picked a burning hot cookie popping it into his mouth, “Yes. Which means we better get there first and make sure he doesn't get his hands on it.”

A searing pain erupted from my mouth,“Son of a-”

The hell did he do that for?

“Or he'll awaken Wojira and destroy the surface world.” Benth answers leaning down to check on me.

Zane crossed his arms, “I fail to see how the amulets will awaken Wojira. How are they linked?”

“It's really weird. But we saw it. Wojira is a huge snake, and she has these two holes on her head. And the amulets fit inside.” Nya explains.