Safety Measures

Making it home safely the two others jump out of the truck and collect their bags before going inside to their room.

They had decided to share a room so there would be room for all the Avengers in the house and so no one had to sleep in the campers.

While the girls run inside to put away their things I stars hauling in groceries and throw a bag at Thor.

"POP TARTS!! Thank you Lady of Silver!! I am grateful!!"
"Don't worry about it Thor. You said you liked them so I thought I would get you some."

I turn to go get more bags leaving Thor with a huge smile on his face as he opens the box. I hear someone stand up and look at the door to look at the reflection.

Captain had stood up and was following me with Winter close behind.

With the three of us it took 2 loads to bring in all the groceries and a half hour to put them all away. Checking the time it is nearing four in the afternoon.

"What are you all wanting for supper? And Thor you have had enough of those for today. Put them away so you don't get sick or ruin your appetite."
"Alright."

With Thor looking sad as he puts his tarts away I start watching the rest of the group in the living room.

They have all seemed to notice me watching and quiet down slightly. Taking this as a sign that they don't trust me yet I assume they want to talk privately and start making supper.

Since no one answered my question I make what Winter and I said would be out first meal when we got away from HYDRA together: T-bone steaks.

Since I didn't have time to marinate them I just quickly put sauce, seasoning and my secret ingredient on them and cover them until about 5:30.

While waiting for half past five I wander back to my shed to find Clint in my nest.

"I thought you were inside."

He ignores me. Wait no he's deaf.
Throwing my pillow at him he spins around with his bow at ready, but when he sees it's me he lowers his bow quickly.

Now that I have his attention I sign
'I thought you were inside with the others'
'No. I needed to get away from them.'
'Okay. Well, how do you like my nest? It isn't to bad for not being a bird right?'

Laughing he signs back 'it's not bad for a non bird. Though could use some ridges so you don't fall.'
'Took off the ridges. They were bothering me.'
'Ah. Trip over them?'
'Possibly. It was definitely not my finest moment.'
'I see. Why do you know sign language?'
'I wanted to be able to include everyone in conversations. When I noticed your hearing aid I decided to learn and be able to sign. Is that alright?'

Without warning he hugged me. It was weird but...kinda nice. I had forgotten what human contact felt like.
I start to hug back until I hear someone hit the bottom of the ladder. Releasing Hawkeye I sign
'Someone else just came down. You staying up here?'
'Yah. And thank you.'
'No problem. Supper is at six.'
With a nod he turns his back to me.

Watching him for a second noticing how still he stood I jump down from the nest and roll to avoid breaking anything. Looking around I see someone's feet by the jet.

Walking towards whoever it is I yell
"Who's over here?"
Winter steps back into my view and so does Captain.

"I thought there was only the one person down here," noting the look of embarrassment on Captains face and the look of anger on Winter's "am I interrupting something?"