Mis-Step

Cooper and Lila are watching cartoons when I get into the house, they are oh laying int the floor win their heads on their dad. Clint is mostly asleep opening his eyes every so often. Taking a breath in I can smell something burning. I check the oven to see a casserole boiling over. "Who was making something?"

Clint barely opens his one eye and Tony pokes his head up from the pillow he was laying on. "Forgot bout it. Kids are hungry."
"You make a horrible babysitter."
He shrugs and lays back down. Lazy arse.

"Cooper, Lila what do you want for lunch?"
Lila looks up at me with puppy dog eyes and says "macaroni and hot dogs."
"Okay. I can make you macaroni and hot dogs. Do you want the hot dogs cut up into pieces or on a bun?"
"Cut up please."
"Okay. Cooper do you want your hot dog cut up or on a bun?"
Without taking his eyes off the screen he responds with "Same as Lila."
"Okay. It'll be ready in twenty minutes."
"Okay." The siblings say this at the same time making me smile.

I make them their lunch and call them to the table to eat. I may not understand how they can eat this because of all the processed food but I assume it's like Thor and his Pop tarts; they like them enough to not care.

Since the Barton family -minus Clint- will be leaving the following day after a week of laughter, games and secret dance practices I have to go to town and pick up the dance uniforms. I didn't tell anyone about them but they are just for the girls.  The dresses are from 'The  Black Swan' collection and I hope that they like them. I also get new point shoes for us the shoes are also black.  We will have to take the kids to the shed tomorrow so that they can see our dance.

After leaving a note on the table so that someone knows where I have went other than a unreliable Tony and a half asleep Clint jump into the truck.

Part way up the road I see Winter running along the ditch. "You lost cowboy?"

"Just going for a run Silv. Where you headed?"

"Town. I have a surprise for the girls."

"And what would that be?"

"Hop in to find out."

Smiling Winter gets into the truck and we head into town with the radio blaring.

*Time skip cause I'm lazy*

Making back to the yard I send James to send the girls to the gym while I take the dresses there and make sure no one is using it.

"Sorry, Sam. I need the gym for a while for the girls plus their partners. Send Winter down if you see him please."
"What's in the bags?"
"Dresses for the dance now get out."
"Eep fine. Good luck getting Steve out of the file room. He's been trying to get more information from your file."
"Ugh, I'll go get him. Bye"

Getting to the file room I see Cap sitting in the office chair. "So what you find?"
Visibly jumping Cap looks at me. "Sorry didn't hear you come down."
"I'm a trained assassin, you're not supposed to."
"Fair enough, what you need?"
"You." His eyes go wide, "I mean, um the girls dresses came in so we need to make sure that we can still do the dance with them."
"Okay, well, um. Uh I didn't know you were getting any. Dresses I mean."
"Yah well the others don't either."
"Oh. Okay well let me finish this page and I'll be up, if that's okay?"
"What page you on?"
"Um" looking down to the page number "twenty-three"
"Ah, just names of people I killed."
"Yah. You okay?"
"Peachy Keen," when he looks confused I explain "it means good."
"Okay. That's good."
"Yah. We'll see you up there." Turning from the room I go back up just as he girls enter.
Scarlett noticed me first and calls out "Hey Silver, what you need?"
"Well, I figured I would do something nice for you two." Gesturing to the red, black, and silver bags sitting near the girls change room door "grab your bag and change. They are colour coaded."

With them going into the change room James and Thor come into the gym. "Okay boys, here's the deal. The girls are getting nice as hell dresses for this dance and be rest of y'all are getting outfits too, but yah need to get used to them first. Bags are over there. Go change while I get The Captain."

As they grab their bags Winter stops and looks at me. "Silv what's going on with you? You don't normally do things like this."
"In all honesty I don't know. But hey, your stay may as well be fun before you have to go back home." Dropping down the ladder before he can respond I look at Steve who is still looking as my kill page. "Dude. Get up and come dance."

Once again I startle him. "Sorry, lost track of time." He stands up setting the file on the table. Open.

He's no longer on my kill page. He's on the page starring what they have done to me, what they injected and stabbed me with. "That page is boring. Skip it or you'll fall asleep."
"It's not boring. Sad and disturbing but not boring."
"Okay well that was a subtle hint that I don't want you reading that page. But since you didn't get it I'll just say it out loud. Don't read that page."
"Why don't you want me to read it?"
"It's sad and disturbing. You said it yourself."
Leaving the room and climbing the ladder I grab my bag and change fast enough that I am out before the others managed to be.

Once they are all out Natasha and I go around and fix shoes. They have them tied completely wrong.

Once shoes were tied and outfits were correct we stand in out starting positions. We run through the dance once with only one problem; Steve tripped while spinning me. The dance was going well until this happened, I got lifted and during the turn I found myself falling to the floor, with Steve landing on top of me. Ouch.

When we fell he ended up with his face on my back and everyone else laughing at us. "Lets retry that shall we?"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to trip."
"It's an accident. Accidents happen."
"Sorry."
"Nothin to be sorry about. Shall we try again though?"

Nodding Captain goes to the spot where the lift happens. Standing in front of him, we do the lift, spin and landing again without any faults.

After running through the dance a few more times we decide that getting the rest of their team down here for a dress rehearsal would be a good idea before the show tomorrow. Thor goes to the house to retrieve the rest of the Avengers. While waiting I turn to Winter "Also, wie denkst du, wird Laura das nehmen?" So, how do you think Laura will take this?
With a smile and a smirk he replies "Nicht gut, aber der Ausdruck auf ihrem Gesicht wird urkomisch sein" Not well, but the look on her face will be hilarious."
With a shared smirk we look to the others, Natasha has a smile understanding our German and the other three have knitted eyebrows. "May I ask what you two were talking about?"
"Sorry Scarlett, keep forgetting about language barriers. I was just asking Winter if he thought Laura was going to take tomorrow's show well."
"So I responded 'not at all. But her facial expression will be hilarious.' To which we laughed."
"Well thank you for the explanation but why don't you talk in a language hat more than you two know?"
"Pretože Scarlettová, čo je v tom zábava?" Because Scarlett, what's the fun in that?
Answering her question in her first language throws her off a bit.
"Kde ste sa naučili tento jazyk?" Where did you learn this tongue?
"V spoločnosti HYDRA" In HYDRA.
She nods and look to Cap, the only one int he room who seems confused. "Don't worry Steve, we aren't saying anything bad. Just discussing where we learned certain languages."
"Okay. I really need to learn some don't I?"
The other four laugh at his remark. Until we hear Laura literally screaming at someone. Through soundproofing walls.

"I DON'T CARE CLINT! I'M CALLING FURY ANYWAYS!"

Hearing these words we all rush out of the gym, dresses and all, hopping to stop her before we are to late.

1455