Communication

Heads up this chapter sucks
(Silver's P.O.V.)

He forgot about the bug. That stupid, glorious man, James forgot about the bug I stuck on his arm when I hugged him. I have been able to hear basically all of his conversations since I left.

To be fair I forgot about it too, until he bumped and turned it back on, while he was running to the file room to see if I burned or took my files with me.

He almost sent me over the edge while he was telling his team my trigger words on the jet while they were heading back to New York. I ran from the room and shoved my head in a pail of water so I couldn't hear anything. It was really cold snow water too. Just thinking about it makes me feel cold.

When he and Tony first started talking I hacked into FRIDAY and grabbed my head set allowing me to use the speakers to talk with and listen to them.

Listening about what Tony and Buck were talking about I remember the package I sent a few days ago.

*to the past*

My second day in Russia I went to town for fresh food, and saw some nesting dolls in a window, buying them I went on my way buying the items I needed to get. I had traded in my run down car and gotten a truck on my way to the grocery store, putting the dolls in the passenger seat.

Picking up the groceries is simple, walk the isles around the outside of the store and grab what I normally would have before 'Earths Mightiest Hero's' crashed and decided to bunk in with me. So basically skip the junk food, get veggies, fruits, meats, bread and buns, plus a treat- a container of gum.

Paying at the self check out to avoid as many people as possible after having to deal with the people at the vehicle dealership who assumed I would not be able to pay because, and I quote 'you are a female. You will not be able to pay unless you have a partner or parent help.' Of course I was a jerk and opened my bank account app that's downloaded on the phone I picked up a few minutes ago and showed him. His face paled considerably. He stayed silent as I signed the contract, payed with a smile took the keys, and left. What an arse.

Halfway back to the house I hit the breaks and grab the nesting dolls. Pulling them apart there are ten dolls, starting large and getting to the size of my pinky. One for each member of the Avengers.

The largest one can be repainted to be Hulk, then Thor, Vision should go next, and perhaps Iron Man. Clint, then Wanda, Sam and then Natalia. James and then Steve as the smallest, putting him in the heart of his team.

Putting them back together I lay them on the seat beside me and continue on my way.

*back to the future*

By the time I clue back in from my thoughts James is walking out of the lab. Rewinding the tape I have from the bug I know that he's just going to look for Steve.

Through the headset I'm wearing I hear 'FRIDAY?' Shoot, she's still down. Dropping my voice's pitch by a few octaves "yes Sargent Barnes?"
'How do I get to Steve's room?' Finding where his room is "Take a right up ahead. Mr. Stark has the door labeled with a picture of the Captain's sheild."
'Thank you FRIDAY.'
"You're welcome Mr. Barnes" huh. He didn't notice that it was me. Sweet. Sad but sweet.

Turning to a computer screen that is left of the one that has the labs footage on it to the security camera that shows where Natalia is I worry. I had sent a second package which I made Dumby the fire control robot take to her room. I messed up when setting it down remotely and dropped it behind a dresser. Since the package was a moving photo frame it had a video on it where two young girls were fighting with an instructor behind them yelling at one to hit harder. The video cuts off quickly after and changes to the same two girls standing side by side in their ballet uniforms. A few pictures of the team go round until it's out of new pictures then it goes back to the video and the process repeats. Until the frame is either turned off, runs out of power, or possibly smashed. Knowing Natalia it will most likely get smashed if it wakes her up.