Chapter 4

"Where's Zuko?" Iroh asked

"He's meditating inside his room" Kira replied

"Kira" Iroh said as she started walking away

"Yes?" She asked

"I hate to be so bitter but you are prince Zuko's concubine, you need to start acting more proper for if and when we return to the fire nation" Iroh reminded her

"I understand, I'll be in my room if you need me" She said walking away as Iroh went to Zuko's room

Iroh knocked before entering Zuko's room "I have information regarding the Avatar, but you can't get mad"

"Uncle I can control my temper" Zuko replied calmly

"I do not have any information about the Avatar's current location" Iroh admitted and Zuko got angry "their have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, he is impossible to track"

Zuko took a map from Iroh looking over the locations "he's obviously a master of evasive maneuvering"

"I want to take Kira to town" Iroh said

"Why?" Zuko asked

"To make a few adjustments" Iroh answered

"What do you mean!?" Zuko demanded

"Don't worry about it prince Zuko, I assure you everything will be fine" Iroh assured him

"It better, don't do anything stupid" Zuko commanded and Iroh left

After a couple hours Iroh came back into the room "Zuko we found the avatar"

"Where!" Zuko shouted

"Kyoshi Island, we are already heading there" Iroh said

"Good, prepare the rhinos" Zuko commanded and Iroh left

"Be careful" Kira said to Zuko as he walked to his rhino

"Your not coming?" Zuko asked

"no, I'm getting rusty and I don't think I really want to fight" Kira replied

"I'll be back soon" Zuko said, turning away from her and getting on his rhino, she smiled as he and his men left

The Fire Nation troops led by Zuko, burned the town as they searched for the Avatar. The Kyoshi Warriors attack them, knocking Zuko and several of his men from their rhinos. Suki and several other Kyoshi Warriors surround Zuko, and in order to escape, he uses his firebending. 

"Come out avatar, these little girls can't protect you!" Zuko called out

He sees Aang, and they engage in a short battle, which results in further damage to the town. Distressed by this realization, Aang flees to find Katara. Aang wishes he could have prevented this destruction to the town, however, Katara tells him that if they flee, the firebenders will follow them. Aang, with no other options, agrees.

The Fire Nation troops, led by Zuko, burn the town as they search for the Avatar. The Kyoshi Warriors attack them, knocking Zuko and several of his men from their rhinos. Suki and several other Kyoshi Warriors surround Zuko, and in order to escape, he uses firebending. He calls out to Aang, sarcastically complimenting him on his use of the Kyoshi Warriors as an advance defensive force. He sees Aang, and they engage in a short battle, which results in further damage to the town, Aang soon flees.

Aang, Katara, and Sokka leave as the town is being set on fire, and Zuko and his followers pursue him again. As they begin to fly off, Katara tries to assure Aang that he did the right thing, as Zuko and his men would have burnt down the entire village if they had remained. Aang suddenly leaps down from Appa's back into the waters of the bay. 

A moment later, the unagi bursts out of the water with Aang clinging onto its whiskers. With some struggle, he manages to gain footing on the giant eel's head, directing it toward the burning village. The unagi spews a blast of water from its mouth, extinguishing the fires. Aang leaps into the air and is caught by Appa; the three promptly fly away into the sunset as the unagi swims underneath them. 

Zuko and his men returned to the ship to see Kira waiting for them. She ran over to Zuko "Are you ok?"

"The Avatar got away!" Zuko said angrily

"We'll find him again, it's not like he'll disappear from the world, we'll get him" Kira said and Zuko sighed

"I'm going to my room" Zuko said walking away

"He'll be fine" Iroh reassured Kira

"He's so hot headed" Kira laughed "but that's what makes him fun"