Chapter 35: Endings

Inside the Fire Nation Royal Palace. Zuko is having trouble putting on his Fire Lord robes due to his injury.

"You need some help with that?"

Zuko turned around "Kira!" He smiles

Kira walks over to him "you know being the new Fire Lord's wife comes with some perks, like not going to jail with his deranged sister"

"Does this mean you dont hate me?" Zuko asks

"I think that should be my line" Kira says putting her hand on his cheek

Zuko leans down and kisses her, he smiles when they part "I could never hate you"

"Ok love birds I still need to get the princess ready"

Zuko looks at the door surprised "M-Mai, you're alive"

"Of course I'm alive" Mai says moving over to Kira "I was in prison"

Zuko looks at Kira "but I saw you-"

"I missed" Kira shrugged

Mai rolled her eyes "yeah right, let's go, your dress is in the other room"

Kira smiles at Zuko before following Mai out of the room.

Zuko smiles "that's my girl, I knew she wouldn't kill anyone"

-

In the Fire Nation Coronation Plaza, people from all over the world have congregated for the coronation of the new Fire Lord, among which several familiar faces: The Duke hugs Toph, and she reciprocates as Pipsqueak and members of the Foggy Swamp Tribe watch. Sokka and Katara look for and find Chief Hakoda. The Kyoshi warriors arrive as well with their new member Ty Lee.

Inside the Royal Palace, where Aang, now wearing the robes and necklace of an airbending master, opens his eyes from his meditation as Zuko approaches, still wearing the Fire Lord attire.

"I can't believe a year ago my purpose in life was hunting you down. And now..."

"And now we're friends" Aang finishes with a smile

"Yeah, we are friends" Zuko smiles

"I can't believe a year ago I was still frozen in a block of ice. The world's so different now" Aang says

Zuko puts a hand on Aang's shoulder "And it's gonna be even more different... when we build it together"

"I cant believe I'm already married"

Zuko and Aang look at Kira who entered the room.

"You both did a 'I can't believe' thing so I thought it was my turn" Kira shrugs

The two laugh

"All three of us will make a great world together" Aang says happily then smiles at Kira "it's good to have you on our side finally"