Chapter 7

Iroh stands on the deck as Zuko looks through a spyglass behind him. As the flight of birds passes over Iroh's head in the distance, he sniffs the air and Zuko lowers the spyglass to turn to his uncle, who speaks.

"There is a storm coming. A big one." he tells him

"You're out of your mind, Uncle" Zuko walks over to Iroh "The weather's perfect. There's not a cloud in sight"

"A storm is approaching from the north" Iroh turns to face Zuko "I suggest we alter our course and head southwest"

"We know the Avatar is traveling northward, so we will do the same" Zuko commanded

"Prince Zuko, consider the safety of the crew" Iroh says

"The safety of the crew doesn't matter!" Zuko shouts

Behind them, Lieutenant Jee walks onto deck, inadvertently overhearing the conversation. As Zuko realizes Jee is behind him and turns to face him, his expression briefly loses its raging intensity. Zuko, addressing Jee directly, struts up to him, dominantly looking him right in the eyes from a close distance as he finishes speaking.

"Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety" Zuko says before walking away

As Zuko walks away, Jee glares after him. Iroh walks over to Jee.

"He doesn't mean that. He's just all worked up" Iroh says reassuringly, a twinge of uncertainty in his voice, almost as if he does not fully believe what he is saying

A massive bank of darkening clouds, having appeared seemingly out of nowhere, rolls into view, looming in front of the ship. On the deck, Lieutenant Jee and several other soldiers stand there staring at the clouds. Zuko walks into the foreground, regarding the clouds as Jee and the others turn to face him. Iroh walks between Zuko and Jee as the latter taunts the former

"Looks like your uncle was right about the storm after all" Jee comments

"Lucky guess" Iroh says pleasantly

Zuko walks toward Jee angrily "Lieutenant! You'd better learn some respect" he jabs two fingers into Jee's chest "-or I will teach it to you" he begins to walk away from Jee, who follows Zuko with his eyes, continuing his taunting after a short pause.

"What do you know about respect?" Behind Jee, Iroh's expression turns to panic and he makes a cutting motion at his throat with his hand, trying to signal Lieutenant Jee to stop. Zuko stops walking. "The way you talk to everyone around here, from your hard-working crew to your esteemed uncle and Lady Kira, shows you know nothing about respect!" Iroh gasps slightly, reaching out a hand in desperation before moving it to his forehead in resignation, believing Jee has gone too far "You don't care about anyone but yourself! Then again, what should I expect from a spoiled prince?"

Zuko turns around and extends his right arm as if preparing to firebend. Lieutenant Jee does the same.

"Easy now" Iroh says, both Zuko and Jee wrist-block the other's arm; smoke rises from a furious Zuko's hand. Interrupting the staredown, Iroh extends an arm and pulls theirs apart; the smoke fades "Enough! We're all a bit tired from being at sea so long. I'm sure after a bowl of noodles, everyone will feel much better"

Lieutenant Jee walks away.

"I don't need your help keeping order on my ship!" Zuko shouts at Iroh

Iroh puts a comforting hand on Zuko's right shoulder, but Zuko shrugs it off.

"I'm going to see Kira" Zuko says and walks away.

Zuko opens up his bedroom door to see Kira still asleep in bed. He walks over and sits on the bed next to her. He sighs and rubs her head.