Chapter 23

"Is their a reason you're bothering me on my wedding day Azula?" Zuko turns to look at his sister

"Just wanting to see if you're ready" Azula replied walking over to him and inspecting his outfit "seems like a perfect fit"

"What do you want?" Zuko questions annoyed

"Just wishing my brother luck on his wedding day" Azula smiled "You and Kira will be very happy together"

Zuko gave her a look before sighing "yeah thanks I guess sis, now shouldn't you be helping Kira get ready"

"Oh she's already ready, just all flustered" Azula smirked "quite cute actually, I never thought she'd still be embarrassed after all these years of liking you. It's also quite entertaining to see Mai looking so upset about not being your bride"

"I already decided that I didn't want a concubine" Zuko tells her "Kira will be my wife and my only wife"

"yes yes I know" Azula puts her hands up then makes her way to the door "good luck brother, don't get nervous"

-

Almost the whole capital was there to watch the crown prince's wedding. Zuko stood there nervously as Kira's carriage arrived, she got out and everyone was in awe of her beauty, even Zuko. Zuko smiled as Kira walked towards him, when she reached him the two linked arms and smiled happily.

 Zuko smiled as Kira walked towards him, when she reached him the two linked arms and smiled happily

"You're eyes are gold" Zuko whispered to her

"Are they now?" Kira whispers "I guess i'm just happy"

"Are you happy to marry me?" Zuko whispers

"of course" Kira smiles "everyone dreams to marry their best friend"

Zuko smiles "good"

"so what's with the hair?" Kira whispered

"shh, it's tradition to have long hair but I cut off my ponytail awhile ago remember" Zuko says "it's just for the ceremony"

"Are you marrying me because you want to or because you have to?" Kira whispers

Zuko squeezed her hand reassuringly "I want to, because I love you"

"I love you too Zuko" Kira blushed

They looked up at the Fire Lord "Do you prince Zuko take Princess Kira to be your wife?"

"I do" Zuko replied confidently

"Princess Kira do you take Prince Zuko to be your husband?"

"I do" Kira replied

"Then that is it, by the power of the sun, the dragons, and me the Fire Lord" Ozai smiled "I now pronounce you husband and wife, prince and princess of the fire nation, prince Zuko.. you may now kiss your princess"

Zuko and Kira turned to each other and kissed. The crowd cheered and Azula smiled.

-

"well Kira" Zuko went onto the bed "are you ready to officially become my princess?"

"of course" Kira wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him "from tonight on I'm yours"