2

chapter two

chapter two

Yanmei sat in her quarters all day the next day, Zuko didn't want her coming with him to the Southern Water Tribe to catch the Avatar because he didn't want her to get hurt. she wanted to object because she could defend herself perfectly fine, but she knew it would only make the prince angrier and decided against it.

the orphan girl was meditating when her chamber door opened. with her eyes still closed she scolded the person, "what is so important that- Ken!" once the girl realized who it was she jumped into the mans arms and hugged him tight.

"I missed you so much, Mei" he smiled and softly kissed the girl on the lips which made her stomach flutter.

"I thought the general wouldn't let you leave the port? how did you get here?" Yanmei asked as she tried to process her boyfriend's return into her brain.

"you were my every thought, I couldn't focus at all, so i took one of the small fishing boats and came to Prince Zuko's ship before the general caught me" Ken smiled, he had missed the girl so much, even if he was gone for only a couple weeks.

"that was stupid of you to escape, but i'm glad you did. I missed you" Yanmei smiled back and hugged Ken again.

the door opened once again and Zuko walked in. his smile turned into a scowl once he saw who was with Yanmei.

"Zuko! Ken is back! isn't this exciting?!" Yanmei exclaimed as she held onto her boyfriend's arms who gave Zuko the same glare he was receiving.

"wonderful" Zuko huffed as he glared towards the soldier beside Yanmei. it was an understatement to say that Zuko was jealous. he was livid. Zuko was the one to send Ken away in the first place because he couldn't stand the sight of Yanmei being with the him, and Ken knew.

"I should go back to my chambers to unpack my things, it seems the prince has something urgent to share with you" Ken spoke once he tore away from the princes stare. Ken kissed his girlfriend, knowing it would aggravate the prince. he bowed to the prince with a smirk and walked out, slamming the door shut.

"what is wrong with you?!" Yanmei shouted once Ken was out of hearing distance. Zuko's eyes softened and he looked down in shame. he couldn't tell her that he was jealous of a lousy guard that stole her heart.

when Yanmei realized that Zuko wasn't going to speak she sighed, "I know you don't like Ken, but he makes me happy. don't you want me to be happy after everything i've been through?" she frowned.

Zuko was instantly in front of the girl and held her hands, "of course I want you to be happy, and i'm sorry I let me anger take control again, I just don't want you to get heartbroken"

Yanmei pushed his hands away making him frown, "I can take care of myself, Zuko. you're not my father, you can't choose who's right for me and who's not"