16

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen

the gaang decided to stop in a nearby earth kingdom village to stock up on food and supplies. while in the shops, Sokka fought with himself out loud over a bag, which annoyed Yanmei to the end of the earth. while those two were bickering over wether or not Sokka should get the bag, Aang had found an earth bending teacher and decided to attend one of his classes.

"he's not the one" Aang sighs as he joins the other on the bench outside of the dojo.

"i think the boulder is gonna win back the belt at Earth Rumble 6" one of the teens said while walking out of the building.

"he's gonna have to fight his way through the best earth benders in the world to even get a shot at the championship" his friend says.

Aang heats the conversation and runs up to the two, "excuse me! but where is this earth bending tournament exactly?" he asks.

"it's on the island of nun-ya. nun-ya business!" the one with short hair laughs, causing his friend to laugh, and the two walk away.

Sokka laughed at the joke, causing Yanmei to hit him upside the head. Katara decides to chase after them to gain more information on the tournament, but Yanmei is skeptical. she remembered Ken was killed by earth benders.

"i don't know about this, it seems dangerous" she shrugs towards the boys.

"since when did you not like danger?" Sokka smirks while putting an arm around her shoulder. Yanmei goes to speak, but Katara comes back, telling them that they're going to Earth Rumble 6.

"hey! front row seats! i wonder why no one else is sitting here?" just then, a giant rock came crashing into the stands right beside them.

"guess that's why" Sokka said with wide eyes.

Yanmei groans from the left of him, Aang and Katara to the left of her, "i told you this was a bad idea. this is just going to be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, and us"

"that's what i paid for" Sokka grins towards her.

Yanmei huffs and crosses her arm over her chest, she wanted to leave already. the thought of watching a bunch of earth benders hurt each other for fun made her want to feel sick. she never knew people could be so heartless and dangerous.

as the tournament went on, The Boulder won every match, and Sokka was estatic. he was chanting for the buff bender the whole hour and a half they'd been here.

"now... the moment you've all been waiting for... the Boulder VS your champion, The Blind Bandid!" the host, Shin Fu spoke. Yanmei's eyes widened as she saw the blind bandit, she was just a little girl.

"she can't really be blind, can she? it's just part of her character, right?" Katara asked.

"i think she is" Aang gasped.