13

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen

"i cant believe i lost them" Katara spoke, defeated. she was angry at herself for not being strong enough to protect Aang and Yanmei.

"you did everything you could," Sokka said, trying to comfort his sister, "and now we have to do everything we can to get them back. Zuko can't have gotten far, we'll find thim. Aang and Yanmei are gonna be fine" he said and he and Yue climbed into the flying bison with Katara.

the water tribe teens thought Zuko took Yanmei with him, but instead she laid on the small forest behind the alter, hidden from her friends. Zuko placed her there so she'd feel what he felt. he knew that her friends wouldn't find her and she she woke up she'd be alone. just like he was when she left him.

Yanmei finally woke up after what felt like hours. she walked out of the forest in confusion but it turned to shock when she said Zhao and his soldiers in front of her with their backs turned to her. her hatred for the Admiral took over and she quietly grabbed her bow and arrows and positioned 3. one for each soldier in front of her. she aimed them at the guards and let go of the arrows, all of them striking their targets and they fell to the ground. Zhao turned his head sharply and glared at the girl.

"well if it isn't the peasant. you're even more of a traitor than i thought for protecting these people!" Zhao snarled, holding the moon spirit in a bag with one hand. Yanmei knew it was the moon because the sky was red and she could feel her waterbending had slipped away.

"the Water Tribes are my people! more than the Fire Nation ever was!" Yanmei yelled. she dropped her bow and got into a fighting position, "the loss of the moon doesn't affect me, Zhao. you've seen to have forgotten that i'm not a normal bender" she smirks and sends a powerful blast towards Zhao who ducks just in time. Yanmei goes to strike Zhao again but stops when she sees Aang, Katara, and Sokka in fighting positions.

"don't bother" Zhao speaks and raises towards the moon spirit. all of the teen eyes go wide.

"Zhao! don't!" Aang yells.

"it's my destiny to destroy the moon and the water tribe"

"destroying the moon wont destroy just the water tribe, it will hurt everyone, including you. without the moon, everything would fall out of balance. you have no idea what kind of caos that would unleash on the world!" Aang tries to reason with the Admiral.

"he is right, Zhao" an old man speak from the bridge. Iroh.

"general Iroh, why am i not surprised to discover your treachery? the girl is just like you in that way" Zhao says, referring to Yanmei.

"i am no traitor, Zhao. the Fire Nation needs the moon too. we all depend on the balance. whatever you do to that spirit, i will unleash on you tenfold! let it go now!" Yanmei had never seen Iroh so angry. she knew he wanted to protect the spirits, but she didn't know he was so dedicated to it.