10

chapter ten

chapter ten

after failing at finding a real fire bending master for Aang and nearly being blown up during an invasion at the Northern Air Temple, the group finally made it to the arctic North Pole.

"i'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka asked from the back of the saddle. Appa was tired just like the rest of them and was fly right on top of the water.

Aang snapped his head in Sokka's direction, "i have an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you fly us to the north pole!" he yelled angrily.

"i'd love to" Sokka snapped back, "climb on everyone, Sokka's ready for take off!"

Momo immediately jumped onto his back.

"look, we're all just a little tired and cranky cause we've been flying for two days straight" Katara said, trying to calm the boys down.

"and for what? we can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. there's nothing up here" Yanmei sighed, shrinking into her spot in the saddle. she just wanted a bed, she missed her bed.

suddenly, a loud cracking sound startled the group and they were sent flying around, Appa dodging large shards of ice they came their way. once they got trapped by ice, many water tribe boats came their way and soon lead them to the tribe.

Yanmei stood on the edge of the saddle in shock. she had never seen so many water benders at once and the entire tribe was beautiful. firelady Ursa had once told Yanmei of how her mother lived in the Northern Water Tribe but had been taken prisoner to the Fire Nation. that was all she knew. Ursa couldn't tell her more without tearing up, for the dual benders mother was Ursa's handmaiden and her only friend at the palace.

"this place is beautiful!" Katara gasped in awe as they floated through the river.

"yeah... she is" Sokka sighed in awe, but not at the tribe. he was starstruck by the white haired girl on the boat across from them.

Yanmei glared at the back of the girls head. what's so special about her? she thought to herself.

the chief of the tribe invited the group to a feast they were having, only high ranked people of the tribe were there.

"tonight we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the southern tribe along with the return of our beloved Manami's daughter; and they have brought with them someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now... the avatar!" everyone clapped as the chief introduced the group.

Yanmei had been told by the chief that her mother was from a wealthy family in the northern tribe, but was taken by fire nation during a visit to the sister tribe.

"we also celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. princess Yue is now of marrying age"

Yanmei turns to see the white haired girl who Sokka was swooning over earlier.