8

chapter eight

chapter eight

the sound of hissing and the rocking of the ship interrupted Yanmei from her training with some of the guards on board. she whipped around from her crouching position on the deck to see a woman riding a shirshu.

"get back! we're after a stowaway!" the woman calls from on top of the beast.

"there are no stowaways on my ship!" Zuko argues. the shirshu rips open a part of the ship and a man quickly jumps out and runs towards Yanmei who manages to trip him with an outstretched foot just as the shirshu hit him with its venom tongue.

Zuko looks at the man on the ground who is unable to move, "he's paralyzed"

"only temporarily" the woman, June, says and picks the man up, "the toxins will wear off in about an hour, but by then he'll be in jail and i'll have my money"

"but how did you find him on my ship?" Zuko asks.

"my shirshu can smell a rat a continent away" June smirks then rides off on the shirshu.

Iroh rubs his beard with a smile, "i'm impressed... very impressed"

Yanmei and Zuko give him a look of disgust, but it slowly turns into a smirk for Yanmei as she watches the shirshu, "I gotta get one of those"

after the whole ordeal, the prince thought that if the shirshu could find that man on his ship, it could help him find the avatar. so Zuko takes Yanmei and Iroh with him to find June and the shirshu at a nearby bar.

"I need to talk to you"

June sat at a table arm wresting a large man, "well if it isn't my friends angry boy, the girlfriend, and uncle lazy"

"she's not my girlfriend!" "i'm not his girlfriend!"

June gave them a smirk and pinned the muscular mans hand to the table, making her win the round.

"your beast trashed my ship, you have to pay me back" Zuko said as coins flew to June.

"i'd love to help but i'm a little short on money... drinks on me!" the bar cheered but Zuko grew angrier.

Zuko grabbed her wrist and got up in her face, "money isn't what i had in mind"

"i need you to find someone" Zuko says as he holds up Katara's necklace. Yanmei frowned, remembering that her's was lost somewhere on Kyoshi island.

"what happened? your other girlfriend run off on you?" June smirks.

"it's not the girl i'm after, it's the bald monk she's traveling with"

"whatever you say"

i like this girl Yanmei thought with a smirk on her face.

"if you find them, i'll consider the damage on my ship paid for"

June scoffs, "forget it"

"plus we'll pay your weight in gold" Iroh added on.