Ep. 1 ★ why?

This is my first chapter i hope you enjoy i will try to make each of theese 1k words or more❤️
This will also occasionally switch pov, im trying a new writing style!
Enjoy

Tanjiro pov

I had just finished cleaning around the house, i help my mom with anything i can as the oldest i have to take responsibility! "Tanjiro! You have dirt all over your face." She cupped my cheeks examining my face delicately.

I smile "its alright!" Her fave softened as she pulled out a clean rag using it to scrub my face from the dirt. Once my mother was done she grabbed the basket of chorcoal we were supposed to sell. "Ah! Mom i can do it!" I said taking the basket over my shoulders. My mom smiled "honey you dont have to!" "Its alright! I will make sure to sell all of the chorcoal!" Her face softened once more.

"Hey is big brother going to the town!? I want to go!" My younger sister hanoko whined. "Im sorry its to dangerous!" My mom scolded as more of my sibling appered.

" i can help." Tekeo argued, i smiled patting his head "its to dangerous... but i promise i will bring you back lots of sweets alright?" His face grew red as he turned around angered.

(This is not a ship remeber it happened in the show please dont kill me)

"Haha! Tekeo is getting emberassed!" "I AM NOT!" "You are!" My sibling were having such a great time. I hope its like this forever...

"I will get going! Its going to be dark soon!" My sibling turned to me saddened, i reasurred them that i would bring sweets. "Be safe tanjiro" my mother said as she kissed my forehead. I giggled " i will! Goodbye!" I waved goodbye before heading down the mountain.

On my way i spotted nezuko with rokuta sleeping on her back. "Big brother! Are you heading down the mountain?" She asked. "Mhm i am! Dont worry i will come back soon!" I say as i stroke rokuta's sleeping head.

Though me and my family are poor we never let that sadden us! We love each other very much that alone makes us happier. But i work hard everyday hoping i will provide a better life for my family, there important to me.
Before i knew it i had reached the town, i walked down the path being instantly greeted by everyone in the village. "Ah! Tanjiro your more hansome then ever!" "Tanjiro hello!" "Hey tanjiro mind if you help me?" "Tanjiro could you help me to change my lightbulb?" I gladly help each and every person in the village. In return they buy the coal, by the end of the day the charcoal that filled the basket was now completely empty!

It was night time but i had a good sence of smell. Although it was snowing it didnt matter, "tanjiro is that you?" I turned around to see old man soburo. " good night old man soburo!" I waved, he looked a little parinoid if you pay attention. "Tanjiro are you heading up the mountain at this hour? Its to dangerous sleep here for the night.." he offered. "Its alright i have a good scence of smell" i assure him pointing at my nose. "No! Thoose demons are lurking everywhere Its to dangerous, sleep here." He said once again, i agreed to sleep the night to make him feel better.

Old man soburo grabbed me a mat to sleep on as he smoked his pipe. "Um.. old man soburo what are the demons you speak of?" To be honest old man soburo is considered to be a little crazy. I dont blame him he lives alone, in the mountain, and he lost his wife a few years ago. "They are man eating demons out there... they prey on human flesh. But luckily demon hunters have also been around for a long time hunting those vile creatures." He spoke whith a bit of hatred in his voice.

"Well thats enough for tonight, you can sleep here and head up the mountain in the morning." He said blowing out the candle light before going to bed.

In the morning

I got up rather early because i wanted to hurry home. Old man soburo woke up a little later, but he still helped me pack my things to head up the mountain. "Be careful tanjiro!" "I will! Thank you have a good day." I said finally walking up the mountain. I hope i didnt cause him any trouble when i slept over...

My thoughts came to a hard stop when my nose picked up a horrible scent. What? It smells like... BLOOD! I ran the fastest i could up the mountain not caring for the sweets and basket that had fallen. It smells horrible! I reached my home to be welcomed by an overwhelming scent of blood. I made my way to the door only to find nezuko and rokuta... convered in blood!

I rushed over "NEZUKO! NEZUKO PLEASE!" I tried to shake her to no avail i stopped screaming when i turned my head to see my family... dead

"MOM! HANAKO, TEKEO, SHIGERU, NEZUKO, ROKUTA!" I screamed this cant be real it has to be sick joke! It has to be

This isnt a dream is it..?..

Im not crying... i lift my hands to feel my face that had already dryed. I.. feel.. numb

I wasnt crying nor did i feel sad... im a horrible big brother I couldn't even protect my younger siblings. What a pathetic excuse of a human.

I just sat there wondering if i could have arrived on time to save them... i should just kill my self to make up for being pathetic. I dont deserve to live...

Get up.
Hm? Whoose calling me.. just leave...
I said get up tanjiro kamado i will help you get revenge on the man who did this
You will... i cant trust you i dont even know you. Leave.
My name is yoriichi tsugikuni, a swordsmen, and someone who can help you get revenge.. that filthy man will come to an end.

END.