True Potential

(At night in Ninjago City, two garbagemen collect trash.)

News Reporter: (On radio) In other news, Ninjago City has once again been saved by ninja from the clutches of a militant biker gang calling themselves the Sons of Garmadon.

Man #1: Yeah, hear about that? Happened just a few blocks away. Crazy, right?

News Reporter: (On radio) Over three hundred of its gang members have been sentenced to Kryptarium Prison, while its suspected leader, the Royal Jade Princess of Ninjago, Harumi, is being questioned by police.

Man #2: Uh, what I wouldn't give to be a ninja. Hoo. Hah. Hyah. (His back cracks when he kicks trash into the truck.) Ooh!

Man #1: Hey, easy there, Master of Trash. This shift just started.

Man #2: Aw, this drive. It's killing me.

Unknown Voice: She calls me.

Man #2: She calls you what?

Man #1: I didn't say anything.

Unknown Voice: She calls me. (The voice reveals itself as Garmadon. The two run away screaming.) She calls me!

(The next morning, Harumi is locked up in an interrogation room in the police station.)

Commissioner: Has she talked yet?

Simon: She hasn't given us squat. They don't call her the Quiet One for nothing. (A garbage truck drives up and rams into the police station. Harumi listens from the room.)

Commissioner: (Offscreen.) No, it can't be—

Officer #1: (Offscreen.) Sir, watch out! (The Commissioner is thrown across the room and hits the wall of the interrogation room.)

Garmadon: Ha-ru-mi.

Harumi: You're free. Now free me!

(Meanwhile the ninja celebrate at Laughy's and sings tge Weekend Whip.)

Ninja: It's time for training and we're getting started. It's on, you know. And we wanna see you whip and shout it.

Nya: We rock!

All except Nya: You roll.

Ninja: They say, go slow. And everything just stands so still.

All except Kai: We say, go go.

Nya: We're ready for the fight, we know the drill.

Jay: It seems so long ago. This part is—Okay, listen.

Cole: Okay, here it comes.

Ninja: They say, go slow. And everything just stands so still. We say, go go. You're gonna see us rip into it. We just jump up, kick back, whip around, and spin. And then we...

P.I.X.A.L.: (Simultaneously) That must be a strange sight. To see someone you've known for so long suddenly look so young.

Misako: (Simultaneously) He always had a young soul. At least he's happy.

Ninja: ...jump back, do it again. Ninja, go. Ninja, come on, come on...

P.I.X.A.L.: (She looks at Lloyd, who isolates himself from everyone.) Not everyone is happy. (Misako walks to Lloyd.)

Misako: You cared for her, didn't you?

Lloyd: What does it matter?

Misako: It mattered to you. Bruises go away. Bones break and heal. But getting your heart broken? Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi. (She and Lloyd share a smile.)