Level Thirteen

(Fred Finely is giving a report in Ninjago City.)

Fred: And now a Ninjago News special report. Arcade Apocalypse! Prime Empire. It's not just a video game craze sweeping the city, but something far more sinister. We're receiving reports that players who reach the 13th level are mysteriously vanishing! Where are these missing players? Who's taking them? And more importantly... will I win a Peabody Award for this hard-hitting report? Stay tuned!

(A police officer is taking Prime Empire out of Benny's Arcade Emporium.)

Benny: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you doing? You can't take that! I've made more money on that game in two days than I have in the last two months.

Ninjago City Police Officer: This thing's dangerous.

Benny: Oh, come on, that's ridiculous. It's just a game—(The officer unplugs it and takes it away.) 

(At Kryptarium Prison, the guards are keeping watch over the prisoners. The Noble passes by Soto, Ultra Violet, and stops at the Mechanic's prison cell.)

Noble: Welcome back, Mechanic? (Chuckles.) We kept your usual cell for you.

The Mechanic: Shh! You feel it? Change is in the air tonight.

Noble: That's just a draft.

The Mechanic: Soon, I'll be on top, again.

Noble: (Chuckles.) Oh, yeah. Top bunk, if you're lucky. (The lights immediately flash out. All of the screens from the security cameras connected to the computer white out.)

Kryptarium Prison Officer #1: Huh? What?

Noble: There's something wrong with the security system. (He runs off and the microphone is taken over.)

Unagami: Unagami requires your assistance. Will you serve Unagami?

The Mechanic: Yes! I'll be more careful this time. I won't let you down.

Unagami: If you fail Unagami a second time, it will be game over. (He opens all the cell doors.)

Kryptarium Prison Officer #2: Oh, no, let's get out of here! (The prisoners race out of their cells and chase away the officers.)

Soto: Ha-ha! We be free at last!

The Mechanic: Captain Soto! Ultra Violet! All of you! Come with me. Work for Unagami and you will be rewarded handsomely.

Fugi-Dove: (Gasp.) All of us?

The Mechanic: Uh, not you, Fugi-Dove. (Fugi-Dove sinks back into the crowd sadly.)

(Meanwhile, the ninja and P.I.X.A.L. arrive at Borg Tower.)

Lloyd: I really hope Cyrus Borg's figured out what's going on with that game we found in the Mechanic's lair. (They take the elevator.)

Elevator Voice: Welcome to floor 100.

Cyrus Borg: Ah, ninja. Your little game has kept me quite busy.

Nya: What have you discovered?

Cyrus Borg: A new appreciation for the designer, Milton Dyer.

Kai: He designed a pretty killer security system on Dyer Island, too.

Cyrus Borg: Wh-wh— More-More impressive than mine?