Into the Dark

Before we read, I just wanna say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Those who are moms, those who are ready to be moms, those who are foster moms and everyone else. Happy Mother's Day to all, and may you do whatever you want on your special day. 

Alright, on with the story.

(The Sky Folk help the ninja sail the Bounty towards the Kingdom of Shintaro. Everyone is amazed.)

Jay: See? I told ya. How amazing!

Nya: I'll admit, I wasn't sure it could live up to the legend, but... it's even more beautiful.

Wu: The Ivory City of Shintaro. 

Amethyst: Incredible.

(The ninja land at the main entrance and walk through the doors into the throne room.) 

Hailmar: It is with great honor, King Vangelis, that I present the famed ninja of Ninjago.

Vangelis: Welcome, welcome! I'm most pleased you were able to accept our invitation. It is an honor. (He bows.)

Wu: The honor is ours. (The ninja bow as well.) Shintaro is beyond anything we imagined.

Vangelis: I am only a mere figurehead. The citizens of our proud city are the heart of Shintaro.

Vania: (She flies down to greet them.) Oh, they're here!

Vangelis: And please, meet my heart. Her Royal Princess Vania. (The guards take off her wings and she walks toward the ninja.) 

Vania: I am such a fan! I've read all about your adventures. It was my idea to invite you to my birthday.

(Cole and Vania make eye contact at each other, while Lloyd looks suspiciously at them.) 

Cole: It's an honor to be here, Princess.

Vania: So, is it true you've been to Hiroshi's Labyrinth?

Zane: Affirmative.

Vania: Gone into outer space?

Coral: Yep. 

Vania: Went into the First Realm? 

Amethyst: Some of us, yes. 

Vania: Fought against Oni?

Izzy: It was crazy. 

Vania: Competed in the Tournament of Elements?

Kai: Oh ho, do we have stories for you.

Vania: (Gasps.) I need to hear them all.

Cole: Where should we begin?

Vangelis: (He and Hailmar land between Vania and the ninja.) You can begin by following me. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for all of us. (He walks away and the ninja follow him.) 

Vania: Cole, the Earth Elemental. What is it like to command the very earth? Is it as fun as it sounds?

Cole: Yeah, pretty much.

Jay: Huh. Weird. The Princess seems to like Cole. I mean, he's my best friend and all, but Cole?

Lloyd: Yeah. Weird. (Looks in suspicion.)

(Later that night, Cole hangs his shoulder pad up and gets into bed, only to be startled by Lloyd.)

Cole: Aah!