Chapter 45

William's pov:

I groaned as I threw my school bag on the bed before plopping down on it.

School was hectic today and I didn't have my source of entertainment aka Maya.

I pouted as I remembered she was suspended for a few days.

"Maybe I'll go to her place." I mumbled more to myself.

I heard a voice from the entrance of my room and found my mother smiling softly at me.

"Hey Maa" I smiled before heading to hug her.

I latched onto her and slouched and let out a breath.

"Tiresome day, huh?" She slowly rubbed my back to which I nodded.

"You have no idea. Even Maya didn't come." I sighed.

"She got suspended, of course she didn't. Speaking of Maya, Why haven't I met your best friend yet? Not to mention, she got suspended for standing up for you against her own brother." She smacked my head which let a whine out of my mouth.

"Jesus Woman! Don't hit me there!" I pouted childishly while rubbing the place she hit.

I got another smack in return which made me flinch.

"Call me woman once again and your stepping into hell." She threatened.

"Yes Ma'am." I gulped.

"Call her for dinner or something." She suggested to which I gave a nod.

"I'll check with her-" My voice was interrupted by the doorbell.

"Was someone supposed to come?" I asked as I walked towards the door.

"Not that I know of." Mom shrugged.

I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door. I turn my head to the person standing before me and widened my eyes.

"Samuel?" I frowned as I took in his state.

His hair was pretty messy, he probably ran his hand through it too much, He seemed in a panicked state as the tears threatened to leak out of his eyes.

I involuntarily grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him into my embrace. 

"Hey... What happened?" I softly asked as I rubbed his back in order to calm him down.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and tightened his hold. I took a sharp intake of breath at his actions.

I didn't expect him to return anything.

"Is Maya here?" He choked out. 

"No.. I just came back from school." I furrowed my eyes.

"Oh my god! She is missing!" He pulled away and ran his hand through his hair.. again.

"Wait What? Explain properly. Come inside." I tried to keep calm for Sam's sake and tugged his arm while pulling him inside.

"No, I gotta search for her." He panicked.

" You need to calm down first, We will find her. Come in." I pulled him in and slammed the door shut.

"Well, who do we have here?" Mom stood from her couch and frowned as she looked at Sam's state.

"Uh.. Mom, meet Sam, Maya's brother." I gave a tight lipped smile to my mom signaling her not to try anything.

She widened her eyes and raised an eyebrow at both of us.

Sam took a step towards Mom and looked at the ground. His fists were clenched.

"I called your son a faggot. That's one of the biggest mistake I have made to not acknowledge that love or sexuality can be in any form. I hope you can forgive me." Sam boldly told which caused my jaw to drop.