Chapter 25

Maya pov:

"Brian!" I snapped. He was not at all paying attention. From past 1 hour we had been solving sums and he was always lost in thought. Not that I wasn't distracted by him but it seemed as if something was really bothering him.

"Yeah?"  He snapped back to reality.

"Just tell me if you don't wanna continue" I frowned. He widened his eyes and shook his head.

"Hey! no!....It's just something is on my mind and I am kinda distracted." He responded.

"I didn't even realize." My voice filled with sarcasm.

"Okay then let's stop it and we can continue whenever you want?" I started closing the books and he grabbed my hands.

"What are you doing?" He stared into my orbs.

"Uh.....packing up?" I stared back with a tint of blush on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry" He sighed.

"It's alright " I gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Can we do something else?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sure, why not." 

"Yeah......." He told

"You know Brian, if something is bothering you, you should talk about it. It may help." I placed a hand on his.

Why are  you being so touchy?

I immediately pulled away and mumbled a sorry. He stared at  my face .

"You don't have to talk to me-" 

"There is a girl." He interrupted. 

I don't know why but I felt like I had been stabbed on the heart by a dagger. My face went emotionless. 

"What about her?" I asked with a blank face.

Brian ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"I think I have feelings for her." The dagger just got deeper.

"You think?" I raised an eyebrow to mask my emotions.

"I don't know. I have never felt this with anyone." He replied.

"Do you forget everything when you look at her?" I asked and he nodded.

"Do you hate it if any other male species is near her?"

  "Fuck yeah. I'm like a moth drawn to her flame. She is so fucking stubborn and always listens to her heart. " He grinned to himself and stared at me.

"Well... You do have feelings for her. Are you gonna tell her?" I asked.

"I'm scared." He admitted.

"Why?" I asked.

"Rejection" He told and I shook my head.

"I think you should, although there is always a small part of you which is scared of rejection but unless you show your affection, she won't be able to understand and give you a chance. Show your sincerity." I gave a smile which was not reaching my eye.

Cause a part of you wants to be that girl.

He smiled and looked at me. He stood and came over and leaned in. I leaned back but his arms wrapped around me and pulled me in for a hug. He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck which caused a cold shiver to run down my spine and goosebumps to erupt all over my body.

"Thank you." He mumbled and I relaxed and wrapped my arms around him.

"Well...... I better get going." I pulled away. I looked at him to see his face in a pout.