Chapter 20

Maya pov:

"This is the 5th dress coming out" The wedding planner announced as I looked up my phone.

Maria came out in the most beautiful gown I had ever seen. It hugged all her curves in the right place and it seemed as if the dress was made for her. She looked so damn beautiful in this dress.

"Whoa! That's really good. You look beautiful  sis" Sam praised. Maria blushed beet red.

"It looks amazing." I ensured. She bit her lip nervously and walked towards the mirror.

She gasped as she saw herself in the mirror. Who wouldn't? She was beautiful.

I could see the tears forming in her eyes. I immediately got up and walked up to her and placed my arms around her shoulder.

"You love it don't you?" I smiled through the mirror and she nodded, tears beaming through her eyes.

"Please tell me those are happy tears?" Sam groaned from behind before coming towards us.

"Of course it is dumbo" I scoffed and he chuckled.

"I can see myself walking down the aisle in this dress." Maria grinned.

"So is this the one?"  The wedding planner looked over at us with a smile.

"Yes yes yes!" She replied.

"hooray!" Sam rejoiced while throwing his hands up in the air.

"I can't believe that I'm going to get married" Maria exclaimed.

"Well....you better believe it cause I really want the food" Sam shrugged and Maria gasped before hitting Sam.

"Is food all you care about? Not me?" Maria asked with widened eyes.

"Duh. Anyways not like you won't be poking into our lives at all" Sam retorted and recieved another smack on his head.

"Ow!" He frowned, rubbing his head with his hand.

"Okay let me go change and we could go for a movie. We don't have time for the bridesmaid dresses today but we will go sometime this week." Maria clapped her hands and I glanced at my watch. It was already 20 minutes past 5 and it would take a lot of time for me to get a cab and reach Jake's home.

"Sorry Mar, I can't come. I have plans with a friend." I looked at Maria who frowned.

"Is it Brian?" She cheered up.

"No" I replied quickly.

"It's fine, you'll see him tomorrow anyways. After school."  She waved me off.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Nothing nothing now go" She shrugged me of. That was weird.

********************************************************************

I ring the doorbell while catching my breath. I ran a mile because of the traffic and I was already late. The door opened revealing a real exhausted Jake. His eyes were red which was a clear sign he had been drinking.

"You look like shit" I gaped at him.

"And you're late, we both have disappointed each other." He shrugged and let me in. I roll my eyes at him.

I look around the house and notice that everything is in it's place. I somehow don't think the situation will be the same in his room.

"Where is Perry?" I referred to his mom.